Which piece of advice can you apply to your everyday life?

Use this forum to discuss the November Book of the month "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak
sszb
Favorite Book: Dear Mr. Knightley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 170
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sszb.html
Latest Review: Uncle Yuta has an Adventure by Claire Youmans
Reading Device: B072V4HK9F

Re: Which piece of advice can you apply to your everyday life?

Post by sszb »

I like the idea of stop blaming others for your failures.
I like the idea to find something I excel and get the best out of it.
That's why I have started taking classes of SEO to polish my blogs effectively.
💐💐💐💐
‏We’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one.”

‏ Middleton, Jacquelyn.
Bianka Walter
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

Samuel Waragu wrote: 03 Nov 2018, 04:15 I quickly picked one, "Osmosis by Association". I loved it and have been deeply thinking about it. You have to associate with 'them' in order to be like 'them' if you so wish.
Osmosis by Association - that's great. Sort of like, if you sleep with dogs, you wake up with fleas...
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
Ravinder+Kaur
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ravinder-kaur.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann
Reading Device: Kindle

Post by Ravinder+Kaur »

Alicia09 wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 19:50 The best piece I've found was the idea that we are not responsible for other people's actions, but we can choose how to respond to everything around us. I find this to be a very valuable piece of advice because I've dealt with a lot of insecure people who were always trying to hurt others to make themselves look good. In my earlier years, I made a mistake of taking it personally whenever someone tried to hurt me out of insecurity or jealousy. This book reminds me of how important it is to resist getting caught up in someone else's drama.
Yes, this is one thing that needs to be worked upon because all the time we only act as we think we are expected to , and not as we really want to. We can learn that others can hurt us only so much as we allow.
Katherine Smith
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 524">Nancy Drew</a>
Currently Reading: The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe
Bookshelf Size: 504
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-smith.html
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
Reading Device: B01KVZV52A

Post by Katherine Smith »

The piece of advice that applies to my life is to beware of considering only ideas that align with your beliefs. I agree with one of the members that our political climate has led us to choose sides. It is almost as if we are in this "bunker" mentality where we throw insults at one another, but never come together to understand why we are fighting in the first place.
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
chelhack
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack »

In my everyday life, I approach each task with the crawl, walk then run method. I take responsibility for myself and by myself.
Chelsea N. Hackett
TheRVMom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thervmom.html
Latest Review: Undead Redhead by Jen Frankel

Post by TheRVMom »

Be ready for opportunities that come my way, but to also be ok with saying no. I learned to say no a long time ago, but I wasn't always ok with it and felt guilty.
Lee-Ann20
Currently Reading: Lovely War
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lee-ann20.html
Latest Review: Lingering Poets by Logan Lamech

Post by Lee-Ann20 »

The biggest takeaway from this book for me is that I am responsible for me, no one else. That means stop blaming other people and stop taking the blame for other people.
Celestin1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Celestin1 »

Don’t sweat the small
Stuff
serendipity 27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 286
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serendipity-27.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by serendipity 27 »

I definitely agree that you have to say no to some things. It doesn't help anyone if you constantly try to appease everyone around you without first trying to focus on yourself.
Give me the courage to get through this week...or at least a big bar of chocolate :D
Power Onyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-power-onyango.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Power Onyango »

The book's content is amazing and all its ideas seemed to have been filtered home. i really enjoyed all its aspects.
amitdeo12

Post by amitdeo12 »

After reading this book i understand that before saying no to anything first try to do that if you could do that with your full effort and honesty you must try to do with your full willing and a hope that that work will be done by you
Thanku.
Jen012012

Post by Jen012012 »

I really enjoyed reading this book because it makes you think more open minded about things. Enjoy life rather than worry about every little thing. I highly recommend reading this book.
Angiesaurusrex

Post by Angiesaurusrex »

What i learned from this book would be, "Do not think (much) about the future and look forward, only remembering your past as a result of a neutral experience."
lesler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesler.html
Latest Review: Confrontations by Donald J Williamson

Post by lesler »

The advice I keep using daily weeks after reading this book is to simply take control. Make an action plan with the end goal, and make the reasonable steps to get there. Anyone can do it!
A G Darr
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the end of days
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-g-darr.html
Latest Review: Debt Cleanse by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by A G Darr »

I felt the question, "is what I'm about to choose and commit to really in my long-term best interest and goals," was very important and useful. I wrote this down and attached it to my computer monitor. This is a good question to ask yourself everyday, no matter what you are trying to improve. I try to ask myself this question when I'm procrastinating, as that is one of my worst vices. I just have to remind myself that doing nothing is doing something, and the something I'm not doing is not going to help me in the long-run.

Return to “Discuss "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak”