Official Review: Garbageman by Erik Dean

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Re: Official Review: Garbageman by Erik Dean

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

teacherjh wrote: 02 Nov 2018, 22:28 I'm super curious about the Garbage man, but I didn't read this one because I was afraid it would be cheesy. Sounds well done though.
It's actually an entertaining and enjoyable read. Thank you for the comment.
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sahar Majid wrote: 03 Nov 2018, 08:41 I never thought that a book named Garbageman could sound so interesting. I'll definitely look it up. However, I can understand that not knowing David enough could make the story less appealing for some readers, but maybe you don't know David because David doesn't know himself? Due to the amnesia? Just a thought but I haven't read it so I could be wrong.
What I actually mean is that his backstory is insufficient. But that's my subjective opinion. Other readers may still find him totally relatable. That's why I didn't deduct a star. Thank you very much for the comment :)
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

kfwilson6 wrote: 03 Nov 2018, 16:20 I thought this one would be interesting to me. I am always intrigued by crime thrillers that involve amnesia patients. However, the whole gang angle doesn't interest me. The garbageman sounds like an odd vigilante-sort. Quite the unique spin on a hero...
True, the Garbageman is not the typical hero and his origin may come as a shock to readers. Thank you for the comment.
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sakilunamermaid wrote: 03 Nov 2018, 22:14 I'm quite fond of science fiction that includes insane new medical advancement. I also find amnesia to be a really cool plot device in novels. I look forward to seeing how the mystery of the garbage man unfolds. It will be nice to see the kindness that contrasts the actions and intention of the gang.
In that case, this book may interest you. I hope you get a chance to read it.
Booklover80
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Booklover80 »

This book seems to have an interesting plot. I like science fiction books. It’s great how fast paced and fun this book is. It’s too bad that the dialogue is so unnatural. Still seems like a fun read.
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Booklover80 wrote: 08 Nov 2018, 02:08 This book seems to have an interesting plot. I like science fiction books. It’s great how fast paced and fun this book is. It’s too bad that the dialogue is so unnatural. Still seems like a fun read.
Yes, some dialogues are unnaturally cheerful for the scene. Still, it's a great read. Thank you for the comment.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”