Review by Akanimo123 -- The Spirit of Want

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Akanimo123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akanimo123.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

Review by Akanimo123 -- The Spirit of Want

Post by Akanimo123 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Spirit of Want" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"The Spirit Of Want" written by William H. Coles is a very interesting tragic novel. It started with celebration in a party of donors for Eye Institute which was organized by A. J. MacMiel. Those present at the party of donors were himself, A. J. MacMiel, his wife Agnes, his two daughters, Lucy and Elizabeth and other invitees. Doctor Luke Osbourne who was invited by A. J. MacMiel met A. J. MacMiel's wife, Agnes and his two daughters, Lucy and Elizabeth. The former among the two daughters of A. J. MacMiel was a lawyer while the later was a teacher. According to the author, the former seemed arrogant when interacting with people while the later appeared reasonable and considerate during interaction with people. Lucy drove Doctor Luke home after the party and drove beyond speed limit which resulted in an accident because she was drunk. She was charged to court for committing a vehicular manslaughter.

Luke and Lucy got married as a result of the accident that brought each other closer. I opine that Lucy married Luke for the sole aim of defending her in court as he was the only true witness to the accident. Nobody knew whether Lucy had a true love for Luke or not.

As a lawyer, Lucy was hired to defend an evangelist by name Hower Bain who was accused of rape. Lucy fled to Africa with her client, Bain after falling in love with him. She forgot about her husband, Luke and her daughter, Jennifer. After meeting failure in her new home, she went back to Atlanta to lick her own vomit. Her wrong choice she made now made her to fall from grace to grass as she had destroyed her good relationship with her family members. She had also dashed her promising carrier and her reputation.

I like the novel because it is unpredictable. This makes the reader to keep reading the book till the end as it can not be predicted. Another thing is that the plot of the story is well defined with good timely explanations thus helping one understand the time between each of the events and to understand the geographical location of the scenarios.

"The Spirit Of Want" has 62 chapters with each chapter dedicated to Luke and Lucy. I notice that the book, "The Spirit Of Want" is professionally edited with no noticeable grammatical errors. The grammar used in the novel is simple, easily understood and neither complicated nor ambiguous. I hereby rate "The Spirit Of Want" by William H. Coles, 4 out of 4 stars because of its beautiful story and I recommend it to everyone who enjoys reading a good book to read.

The Spirit of Want
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Akanimo123's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”