Official Review: Ten Facts Unmasking Our Origin, Pupose a...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Official Review: Ten Facts Unmasking Our Origin, Pupose a...

Post by Rosemary Wright »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Ten Facts Unmasking Our Origin, Pupose and Destiny on this Planet" by Dele Babalola.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Ten Facts Unmasking Our Origin, Purpose and Destiny on this Planet, by Dele Babalola, is a spiritual book. From a Christian perspective, it discusses the origin of mankind and their purpose of existence. In an intriguing manner, it shows the essence of God and the importance of depending on him. It reveals how one's life can be empty without the presence of God. Moreover, it encourages readers to love God and their neighbors.

The author begins the book by discussing the creation of humankind and the Universe, evaluating some scientific theories and hypotheses. Afterwards, he proceeds to narrate the Biblical account of creation. In a concise way, he tells about the credibility of the Bible, revealing its origin and history. Highlighting its usefulness, Dele admonishes readers to study it in order to enjoy the benefits of its contents. Altogether, this is a guidebook with the aim of inspiring non-believing persons to initiate a relationship with God.

With scriptural references, the book introduces the Person of Christ, giving a brief account of his birth, ministry, and death. It explains the redemptive power in his death and resurrection. Furthermore, it defines Christianity and the Church, giving insight into the ministry of the Holy Spirit. It tells about the rapture, Great Tribulation, and Antichrist.

In a fascinating way, this spiritual manual is well written and structured. What amazes me about the book is that, in spite of its short length, the author handled a lot of subjects in an in-depth and clear way. Included are some freehand drawings to make a reader comprehend the points easily. Again, there are some URLs, as footnotes, for more detailed information. Though Dele gets his message across, I think the book would have been more engaging if he had added more personal stories or other people's experiences.

If you don't understand why Christians say that they've been saved through Jesus Christ or why they pray in Jesus name, then you should read this book. It has all your answers. Readers who don't like Christian books on salvation should pass this one to avoid getting irked. The purpose of this publication is to edify Christians and to enlighten open-minded nonbelievers who are still trying to find their purpose in life. Aside from spiritual matters, it contains some other valuable information. For example, it unveils a list of Jewish billionaires.

In conclusion, this book is uplifting. It carries a useful message. It was professionally edited; I didn't notice any grammar flaws, only a couple of typos. Hence, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I couldn't rate it lower because it has no serious shortcomings, and I recommend it to all Christians and anyone who wants to connect to God.

Ten Facts Unmasking Our Origin, Pupose and Destiny on this Planet
View: on Bookshelves

Like Rosemary Wright's review? Post a comment saying so!
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

This kind of book usually doesn't pique my interest, but I appreciate the fact that it is well-structured and well-written. I am definitely intrigued. Thanks for the review!
fredrick otieno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fredrick-otieno.html
Latest Review: Kennedy's Revenge by Stephen L Rodenbeck

Post by fredrick otieno »

I am a Christian, even though not too holy, but still this is a must read for me. I like the topics covered in this book. I do hope it has accurately made clear most of the unclear topics among Christians.
kdstrack
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I like the idea that the author wanted to share his beliefs with others. Now I am intrigued about why he would include a list of Jewish billionaires? Great review!
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I like when an author can use science to support Christianity.
EvaDar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

It sounds like you chose well reviewing this book. I'm glad you enjoyed it. It does not appeal to me so I will skip it. But, I am am confused as to why the book would include a list of Jewish billionaires. I wonder if you can shed some light on that.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I could definitely go for an uplifting book at the moment. This one sounds like it has a lot of good information for believers and those that are searching. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Franc93
Currently Reading: Demon
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-franc93.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Franc93 »

For a person who is conflicted and just wants a book that clears things out without being too complex then i recommend this book. Your review was deep and precise. You really brought the point home.Thanks
"Are you going to sit there and feel sorry for yourself, or are you going to reshuffle those cards life dealt you."- Stick

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”