Review by Nerea -- The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 675
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Review by Nerea -- The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles

Post by Nerea »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Surgeon's Wife" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Surgeon’s Wife by William H. Coles, is a Medical Thriller that portray different perspective and reaction from Surgeons in a Medical Facility, on the methods used and results of surgeries conducted in the OR (Operating Room).

Michael Boudreaux, also Mike, is the Chief of Surgeons, trained and mentored by an elderly surgeon, Clayton Otherson. He secured his place as a Surgeon by the help and influence of Clayton, who they worked together in the same Facility. Clayton was the best and popular Obese Surgeon, until he was not. Mike tried to help him save his career but Clayton was too arrogant, proud and headstrong. Different reactions from other Surgeons in the same Facility emerged about Claytons’ workability.

On the other hand, Catherine Otherson, the Surgeons’ Wife, was a fashionable, beautiful and confident woman. Her beauty and stunning looks were appealing to the eyes of many. Unfortunately, she wasn’t happy in her marriage. She took a wrong path that brought problems to her life and the lives of those she loved.

The book had three parts. In Part one, the Author relates the relationship between Mike and Clayton both socially and Career wise. Part two focused on the mistake Clayton did that made him lose his place as a Surgeon and ruin his Career. It also mentions about Claytons’ marriage shipwreck and why he lost it all. Part three focused on Mellissa, Claytons’ daughter, who had to make a weighty decision in her life that her mother, Catherine Otherson, felt it wasn’t the right thing for her to do. Cases of casualties and deaths were also reported in this part.

The story line was engaging and intriguing. It addressed the following themes that I felt were remarkable, that is, health care, adventure, love, family, relationships, apathy, sports, artistry, entrepreneurship, legal developments and domestic violence.

The narration wasn’t limited to medical field; rather, it accommodated a variety of fields that were linked to the main subject of the story in each chapter. I enjoyed an array of medical terms that the author took the pleasure to use them in his narration. The writer also used questions to help the reader try to figure out what would happen next. I also liked how the characters were interactive. The book had a wholesome story that was realistic. It didn’t have any graphic or explicit content. I noticed personification of some body organs and medical conditions. I loved the solid arguments among the characters that raised mixed reactions.

The book contained 37 chapters, but weren’t in proportion. I didn’t like how events in some parts of the story were somewhat rushed.

There were some beautiful lessons featured in the story. Such as, multiple surgeries can have adverse effects to the patient that could lead to death. Don’t trust people who say they’d never do a particular errand or task, because people change as time changes. I also learned that some people live in an unhappy marriage life, they feel neglected and ignored by their mates and they wonder whether there is TRUE love. Honesty and freeness of speech in a relationship is vital to keep the bond strong. You can never serve two masters, either you’ll love one and hate the other. For instance, Clayton was overly committed to his work that he had less or no time for his family.

I rate the book at 4 out of 4 stars. I love medical related articles or stories, and the book didn’t disappoint me. The writing was easy to understand and it was well composed. I didn’t notice grammar errors in the writing. The book is ideal for everyone because the author accommodated diverse events that touched some relatable aspects of life.

The Surgeon's Wife
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Nerea's review? Post a comment saying so!
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

I read this book a few months back and I was also disappointed to see that some key parts of the book were rushed. Also, I was disappointed at the lack of an affair. I feel that there could have been more build up to it. Great review.
Nerea
Currently Reading:

Post by Nerea »

Amy+++ wrote: 28 Oct 2018, 09:34 I read this book a few months back and I was also disappointed to see that some key parts of the book were rushed. Also, I was disappointed at the lack of an affair. I feel that there could have been more build up to it. Great review.
I agree with you. Thank you for checking my review.
No Wahala
C-Extra22
Currently Reading: Blessed By the darkness
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c-extra22.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by C-Extra22 »

Commendable review. I like the fact that the author accommodated diverse events that touched some relatable aspects of life. William H. Coles is an interesting author.
Nerea
Currently Reading:

Post by Nerea »

C-Extra22 wrote: 29 Oct 2018, 09:57 Commendable review. I like the fact that the author accommodated diverse events that touched some relatable aspects of life. William H. Coles is an interesting author.
Yes he is. And thank you for checking my review.
No Wahala
Ijeoma Kikelomo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ijeoma-kikelomo.html
Latest Review: Visions of Prosetry, Collector's Edition II by Vèè Nelly

Post by Ijeoma Kikelomo »

I've also reviewed this book and I gave it a 4-star rating too. The writing style is engaging although the story is sad. There are really tons of lessons to be drawn from this book. Clayton was a really horrible father, he was even worse as a doctor. I honestly pray such men do not exist.
Nerea
Currently Reading:

Post by Nerea »

Ijeoma Kikelomo wrote: 30 Oct 2018, 14:42 I've also reviewed this book and I gave it a 4-star rating too. The writing style is engaging although the story is sad. There are really tons of lessons to be drawn from this book. Clayton was a really horrible father, he was even worse as a doctor. I honestly pray such men do not exist.
I hope so too. Thanks.
No Wahala
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

You're welcome. I enjoyed your review.