Review by asere_maryanne -- The Surgeon's Wife

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
asere_maryanne
Currently Reading: Source
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asere-maryanne.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Review by asere_maryanne -- The Surgeon's Wife

Post by asere_maryanne »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Surgeon's Wife" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Surgeon’s Wife
by William H. Coles is a fictional work of art that highlights some social ills that are commonplace in the world today. Greed, unfaithfulness, sexism among others are well interwoven in this story to bring out the plot.

The story is divided into three parts. In the first part, we come across the three main characters. Mike Boudreaux, Clayton Otherson and his wife Catherine Otherson, at first I Concluded that Catherine was the naïve and obedient wife only to be disappointed (in a good way) by the unique development of her character. Mike is a good friend to Clayton and he tries his best to make Clayton’s life much easier but it turns out he is the bad guy. Clayton’s presence in the OR is posing a great danger to patients, why is the presence of an experienced, long serving surgeon posing a threat? This is one of the things you will learn as you read the story.

The second part of the story introduces us to some new characters who help us gauge the extent of Clayton’s damage to his personal and professional life. The third part is mainly about the ending which I will not explain lest I become a spoiler.

One great aspect of this book is that it manages to keep the reader in suspense, I read on expecting some things to happen but I was shocked when things turned out differently from what I expected. The story has a blend of different and interesting characters, some who are quite relatable. The conversations also helped in the character development. I loved the two teen characters (Helen and Mellissa) in their carefree spirits; I could never predict what they could do next. The romance in the book is engaging and the twists and turns made me not want the story to end. Apart from the medical jargon, the book is written in simple language which is easy to understand and can be read by a younger audience. Although there were a few obscene words in the story, the book is worth reading.

I did not come across any editorial errors and so I believe the book was professionally edited. I personally loved and enjoyed reading The Surgeon’s Wife. I would recommend the book to all those who love romance and suspenseful books. The book can also be interesting to surgeons. I rate this book a 4 out of 4 star rating.

The Surgeon's Wife
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like asere_maryanne's review? Post a comment saying so!
Sicily Joy
Currently Reading: Becoming
Bookshelf Size: 906
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sicily-joy.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Sicily Joy »

I love suspenseful book with characters that surprise me. Therefore, I might check this one out. Thank you for your review.
Rosemary Khathibe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-khathibe.html
Latest Review: Robotic Warriors by Caglar Juan Singletary

Post by Rosemary Khathibe »

The fact that the story highlights social ills like greed and unfaithfulness has piqued my interest. Intriguing review!
asere_maryanne

Post by asere_maryanne »

Sicily Joy wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 23:59 I love suspenseful book with characters that surprise me. Therefore, I might check this one out. Thank you for your review.
I believe you won't be disappointed. Thank you for reading the review.
asere_maryanne

Post by asere_maryanne »

Rosemary Khathibe wrote: 07 Oct 2018, 10:55 The fact that the story highlights social ills like greed and unfaithfulness has piqued my interest. Intriguing review!
The book will be worth your time. Thank you for reading my review.
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

The Surgeon’s Wife has been reviewed by you. It has three parts. After reading your review I feel good for first and third part. In addition to this, there is use of an easy language in the book. I liked it.
asere_maryanne

Post by asere_maryanne »

Fozia-Bajwa wrote: 10 Oct 2018, 12:03 The Surgeon’s Wife has been reviewed by you. It has three parts. After reading your review I feel good for first and third part. In addition to this, there is use of an easy language in the book. I liked it.
I am glad you liked it too. Thank you for reading and commenting on my review.
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

asere_maryanne wrote: 15 Oct 2018, 00:20
Fozia-Bajwa wrote: 10 Oct 2018, 12:03 The Surgeon’s Wife has been reviewed by you. It has three parts. After reading your review I feel good for first and third part. In addition to this, there is use of an easy language in the book. I liked it.
I am glad you liked it too. Thank you for reading and commenting on my review.
Welcome

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”