Review by Davinasmith18 -- If life stinks get your head ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Davinasmith18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-davinasmith18.html
Latest Review: Overcoming Adversity ( Relaunched) by Nelson J Fowlkes

Review by Davinasmith18 -- If life stinks get your head ...

Post by Davinasmith18 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Mark L. Wdowiak’s book If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But’s: A No-Nonsense Guide to Happiness and Success the author takes a practical approach to self-help that hinges on personal responsibility. The author puts a logical twist on previous self-help ideas with the premise that success on the journey of life requires learning to crawl, walk, and then run. The author guides readers on a concise tour that begins with the here and now and ends with a new you.

What I like about this book is you can judge it by the cover. The title on the cover of the book is catchy and unique, and the pages of the book deliver the same witty, strong and powerful messages you would expect from the title. The author does a great job of staying on topic from the beginning to the end. The book has a logical flow and is very versatile. I found myself highlighting tidbits of information that I can use personally and professionally. I could easily use the information to improve myself as a mother, a wife, or as an employee.

What I really liked about this book was the prevailing message of action. The author suggests taking responsibility for yourself, taking control of your thinking and taking action on your behalf. Unlike other self-help books that solicit reader input, the author used a unique approach after each chapter to engage readers, request action and make readers see how easy it can be to commit to working with the book. Another powerful method the author used to force responsibility on the reader was to urge readers to reread essential passages rather than merely re-writing the message. I believe his intention was for these subtle techniques to lay the foundation, so readers would feel comfortable taking responsibility in other areas of their lives.

What I believe makes this book different from other self-help books is the authors appeal to individualism. He does not describe success for the reader, and he does not subscribe to a one size fits all approach. He acknowledges life is a personal journey, but information and knowledge are available for us to customize our path, define success and obtain our personal definitions of success.

I rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars because I have nothing but good things to say about it. The book is well written with master a balance between brevity and an overflow of valuable information. This book is appropriate for teen and adult readers. Readers who are not overly concerned with one specific aspect of personal development or self-help will enjoy the potentially to apply the knowledge for overall life improvement.

If life stinks get your head outta your buts
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Davinasmith18's review? Post a comment saying so!
chelhack
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack »

This is an excellent review. I believe it captured the methods used by the author and presented in a way that can be very easily understood. It also clearly outlined the message that the author intended to provide for his audience. VERY WELL DONE! :tiphat:
Chelsea N. Hackett

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”