Review by Onyinye Excel -- Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Onyinye Excel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinye-excel.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Review by Onyinye Excel -- Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Onyinye Excel »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Chrome Mountain" by Ben Schneider.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Ben Schneider’s book, Chrome Mountain is an action thriller that has some science fiction. The story is about an inventor, Trey Radisson and his girlfriend, Sonya McCall a former member of a notorious biker gang – Screamon Demons. Due to Trey’s invention, a terrorist organization – Chrome Falcon is out to get him to join them. Trey’s refusal to join and his alliance with the FBI, bring the story to a concluding climax.

The story had more than one plot. The major characters were Trey Radisson and his girlfriend, Sonya McCall. They both had different histories. There was a touch of the supernatural in the book. This made the book more interesting. It also had a lot of humor, action, bravery, courage, and emotion.

The author’s choices of words were a bit complex. I had to use a dictionary to find the meaning of some words, especially when describing Trey and Sonya’s escape from the Chrome Falcon’s gunship. His language was also very descriptive, enlightening, educating, and entertaining. More so, Sonya and Trey’s dreams were very informative. This added to the intrigue in the story.

The healthy relationship between Sonya and Trey was exemplary. This was what I liked most about the book. My reason is that their relationship grew from that of the strangers that hardly knew each other, to best friends who were there for each other. From there, it became a boyfriend – girlfriend relationship, and eventually led to marriage. This gradual growth should be emulated. Marriages built like this would survive anything in future.

I was let down when Trey destroyed his invention – Veiler, Version 1 (VV1). I almost did not continue reading the book. This was what I liked the least about the story. My reason is that such an invention could have been protected by the right laws to prevent abuse. Everything on earth can be used positively or negatively. We cannot because we don’t want them to be used negatively, stop inventing new things. If we did that, there would be no technology today.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I did not give it a 3 because it was too amazing. The action scenes in the book were descriptive enough to deserve a 4. I also gave it a 4 because it had little or no typographical errors. It looked like it was professionally edited.

This book would appeal most to lovers of action thrillers. It would also appeal to lovers of healthy romance stories and science fiction. This book would appeal least to lovers of erotic sexual scenes. It would also not appeal to anyone who is not interested in action thrillers or science fiction.

The inventions in this book blew my mind.

Chrome Mountain
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Onyinye Excel's review? Post a comment saying so!
amsula_2018
Favorite Book: Angels & Demons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amsula-2018.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Post by amsula_2018 »

Seems like you are a tech guy. Nice review by the way!
"If you can't reduce your argument to a few crisp words and phrases,
there's something wrong with your argument." ~ M. Saatchi
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

I usually like my romance stories accompanied by some erotic scenes. I like that the action scenes in the book are well described. I'll like to read this book. Hopefully, it's as good as you say it is. Nice review.
Rosemary Khathibe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-khathibe.html
Latest Review: Robotic Warriors by Caglar Juan Singletary

Post by Rosemary Khathibe »

I like action thriller books, and the fact that there is also a touch of supernatural and romance has piqued my interest. Fascinating review!
melissy370
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: Home To Kentucky by Thomas A. McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by melissy370 »

Some might be turned off by the big words, but I am a lover of learning new ones, so I don't mind. This is not a typical book for me, but I like the themes it presents. I will think about this one for the future. Thanks for your review.
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by LaurenHaupt »

Great point! I enjoyed the book also. I like that there really wasn't a boring part in the book. Thanks for the review.
:techie-studyingbrown:
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

Seems like nice combination of scientist life and his encounter with mafias with some supernatural elements in the story. Hope you enjoyed this book.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
ea_anthony
Favorite Book: Praying successfully
Currently Reading: Prisoners of Geography
Bookshelf Size: 650
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ea-anthony.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by ea_anthony »

You mean you got disappointed when a fictional character destroyed a fictional invention? Then this must be a compelling read.
According to your review;
1.The author’s choices of words were a bit complex.
2. His language was also very descriptive, enlightening, educating, and entertaining.

Could expand a bit on this?

Nice review though and I really think this will an interesting read. Cheers.
Ignorance promotes divisiveness, knowledge encourages diversity. :techie-studyingbrown:
ea_anthony
Favorite Book: Praying successfully
Currently Reading: Prisoners of Geography
Bookshelf Size: 650
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ea-anthony.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by ea_anthony »

sanjus wrote: 30 Sep 2018, 11:12 Seems like nice combination of scientist life and his encounter with mafias with some supernatural elements in the story. Hope you enjoyed this book.
I missed out the supernatural element in my comment. That is usually not a bad touch.
Ignorance promotes divisiveness, knowledge encourages diversity. :techie-studyingbrown:
Cardinalsparrow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cardinalsparrow.html
Latest Review: Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick

Post by Cardinalsparrow »

Amazing review, your summary both covers the book and makes me want to read it.
Some books are to be tasted , others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested-- Francis Bacon
Allyseria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allyseria.html
Latest Review: Choosing Happiness by Emily Hunter Slingluff

Post by Allyseria »

Thank you for your review. I have also read this book and it's good to read another point of view of it. I was also disappointed when Trey destroyed the invention. I :D At least we knew his honourable reason for it.
jcoad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jcoad.html
Latest Review: True Blue Friend by Roy DeMauro

Post by jcoad »

I have read a few reviews on this book and can't decide. Not sure my type of story but thanks for the great review!
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

This sounds like a bad boy romance. I get this is what Trey gets for falling in love with a woman who is a member of a gang. I hope things conclude well for them. Thank you for your superb review.
Sunnyroyish
Currently Reading: Journey of a Bedroom Poet
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunnyroyish.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Sunnyroyish »

I like sci-fi novels. This one involves science, action and also thriller. Seems like a nice read to me. Maybe I'll check it out sometime. Thanks for the review.
Life is just a parenthesis in the vastness of infinity.
Onyinye Excel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinye-excel.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Onyinye Excel »

Dear Anthony, what I meant by ''the author's choice of words were a bit complex'' was that he used a lot of ambiguous words. You would have to use your dictionary to find the meaning of those words.Also, he gave out adequate information considering the story he was telling.That was what I was trying to say concerning his language.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”