Review by Callistus Ibenye -- Concealment by Rose Edmunds

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Callistus Ibenye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-callistus-ibenye.html
Latest Review: Concealment by Rose Edmunds

Review by Callistus Ibenye -- Concealment by Rose Edmunds

Post by Callistus Ibenye »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Concealment" by Rose Edmunds.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Concealment by Rose Edmunds is a mystery thriller novel about the opposing facets of Amy Robinson's private life and her public image. This is the first instalment of the Crazy Amy Series. The book has 47 chapters. The author wrote this story in the first person point of view of Amy Robinson, the protagonist of the story.

Amy Robinson, a partner in a leading law firm, finds herself in the middle of a risk management issue involving a client of Pearson Malone accounting firm where she works as Head of the Tax Department. Her work environment is tough, full of power hungry professionals who are only interested in the gratification of their selfish interests. Can Amy be able to solve the mystery and come through with her sanity and life intact?

Rose Edmunds, the author, set this narrative in the work environment of the Entrepreneurs Tax Advisory Group. The story's plot makes sense and is captivating. It shows the active rivalry between colleagues in the workplace and the displeasure of working under a cheeky boss who throws you under-the-bus at work. It also shows the reality of corporate politics.

Rose Edmunds brings the characters to life through her descriptions. The reader can feel the emotion of the characters, and this makes the story feel realistic and believable. I felt for Amy, the protagonist of this story. I did not like the passive-aggressive treatment she got from her boss, Ed Smithies. Ed Smithies treats Amy with contempt, degrades and manipulates her.

This story is fast-paced. The main characters are well-developed, believable and fit their respective roles. The author has a distinctive writing style and a superb grasp of storytelling techniques. Concealment by Rose Edmunds is a narrative that flows smoothly and is a pleasure to read. The author's decision to write this book in the first person adds an emotional depth that makes the reader empathise with the protagonist's situation. The icing on the cake of this book is that it has no grammar, spelling or punctuation mistakes.

I rate Concealment by Rose Edmunds 4 out of 4 stars. The author did a superb literary work on the story. The story is captivating. It has a cleverly constructed plot and great characterisation. The reader would learn a lot about corporate politics and finance through this well-written book. This book seems to have been well-edited. I found no spelling or grammatical mistakes in the text. I recommend it to readers who enjoy psychological fiction stories.

Concealment
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Callistus Ibenye's review? Post a comment saying so!
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

Great review! I have also read and reviewed this book and cannot agree more with you that the story was absolutely realistic, even Amy's apparent delusions. The first person narrative really seemed to the job.
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I reviewed this book too and I agree with you: the plot is enthralling and the author has a lot of talent to capture the readers.
I think this book also raises many questions, as you mention, about corporate policies, but also about child neglect, considering Amy's past, and it's important for me to commend the author for bringing up the mental health and other social issues that are approached in this book.
Great review, thanks!
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

I do hope that everyone gets through the challenges with intact self and sanity in this piece and in real life. Thank you for your succinct review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

It is good to hear that the book was well written, and the author had a talent for storytelling. I like that the main characters were well developed and that telling a story through the viewpoint of Rose added to the emotional attachment to the character. It sounds like a good way to learn about corporate politics and finance through this story.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”