Review by TheTrueNyree -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TheTrueNyree
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thetruenyree.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review by TheTrueNyree -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by TheTrueNyree »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami was an awesome book. I literally did not want to put it down once I started reading it. It was so good that when I finally went to sleep, I dreamed of the characters in the book. It is listed in the genre of crime, thriller, mystery and horror, but after reading this book I would have to conclude it is definitely a romance novel. It had crime, tragedy and excitement, but it was also full of passion and desire. It was fast paced, with not one slow or dull moment in this book.

This story is about a missing Leonardo DaVinci painting that has been lost, and everyone is looking to find it. It is worth millions of dollars so some are even willing to kill to find it. It is up to Alex and Angela to find it and return it to the Uffizi museum in Italy. Alex is a detective in the art world hired to find the missing painting and Angela was hired by Alex to help him with the research in finding it. Alex had no idea in the beginning how important Angela would be to finding this missing art. From the very beginning Alex and Angela felt the strong attraction to each other and tried to ignore it. Alex is driven by his need for Angela and his need to keep her safe. Angela is fighting her feelings because of fear, can Alex be trusted?

This novel surprised me with how easy it was to follow along and become deeply involved with the story. I would have thought with the constant back and forth in between the past and present, I would have gotten confused. But the author did an excellent job developing each character, past and present which allowed for easy transition between Angela's visions and the present. The author did an amazing job setting the scenes and telling the story. I could feel what each character felt as though it was my own emotion.

This book was professionally edited and only had a few minor grammatical errors. These errors did not interfere with the flow of the story. I will have to rate The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci 4 out of 4 stars. What I love most about this book is the story of true love, and not wanting to let love fail. I love that the intimate scenes, portrayed intense passion without making the book feel like an adult film. It was very tastefully done. It let you know that the passion between Alex and Angela was more than a physical one.

There is nothing I disliked about this book. I look forward to reading the next installment of this story. I believe anyone that likes crime, drama and romance can appreciate reading this book. For romance lovers, this novel is a must read! Because of the criminal and sexual content, I would recommend adults and mature young adults to read this book.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like TheTrueNyree's review? Post a comment saying so!
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by LaurenHaupt »

Sounds like a great book. I love that it's a thriller and also has some romance to it. Thanks for the review.
:techie-studyingbrown:
TheTrueNyree

Post by TheTrueNyree »

LaurenHaupt wrote: 08 Sep 2018, 23:19 Sounds like a great book. I love that it's a thriller and also has some romance to it. Thanks for the review.
It really is a great love story and thriller! I believe you will not be disappointed should you give this one a try. :wink:
TheTrueNyree

Post by TheTrueNyree »

Fozia-Bajwa wrote: 19 Sep 2018, 04:09 I read the review of the book The girl who knew da Vinci is written by Belle Ame. It's a love story of Angela and Alex. Mysticism, secrets and painting by Vinci is shown in the story. Past life regression is also shown. Thanks for the good review.
I hope you give this book a try. Thank you reading and commenting on review!
jcoad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jcoad.html
Latest Review: True Blue Friend by Roy DeMauro

Post by jcoad »

I enjoyed the flashback portions more than the current day story in this book. The story was well paced and easy to read but I would have loved for some twist or turn in the story but it pretty much went the way you expected. Also, I really wanted them to stop "hooking up" and just find the painting already. It is definitely an easy "beach read" and I appreciate your review!
TheTrueNyree

Post by TheTrueNyree »

jcoad wrote: 19 Sep 2018, 20:53 I enjoyed the flashback portions more than the current day story in this book. The story was well paced and easy to read but I would have loved for some twist or turn in the story but it pretty much went the way you expected. Also, I really wanted them to stop "hooking up" and just find the painting already. It is definitely an easy "beach read" and I appreciate your review!
I would have to agree with you, it could have used a little more twists and turns. I did feel like I could predict the next action. The flashbacks were very enjoyable as you said. For the length of book it was, it could have had less love scenes, but I didnt really mind them..it seems to be a normal thing in previous romance novels I have read. As you said it is a good beach read. Thanks for sharing.
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

Being able to successfully pull off multiple timelines while not confusing the reader is difficult to achieve. It shows the author's true talent that she was able to do this. I don't know that I could get into the book as I am not really into either the mystery or adventure genres so I think I'll take a pass on this one. Great review!
Books are my self-medication. 8)
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I read this book as well and I enjoyed reading your review on it. Thank you for a wonderful review!
kdstrack
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Ami is a talented author who is able to draw the reader into the story. I loved your comment about the well-written romantic scenes that kept the book from seeming like an adult film. Great review!
Julius_
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Roger Glasgow
Favorite Book: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit
fav_author_id: 187887

Post by Julius_ »

A story about a missing item, a very valuable one for that matter, and everyone is even willing to kill to find it. Sounds interesting. Thanks for the review.
We're all philosophers. When there's a tough choice to be made, when faced with the facts of birth,love or death or simply when thinking about what we want to do with our lives.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”