Review by Cotwani -- Brand Real by Vasken Kalayjian

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Re: Review by Cotwani -- Brand Real by Vasken Kalayjian

Post by Connie Otwani »

Debjani Ghosh wrote: 18 Sep 2018, 11:20
This non-fiction book upholds the principle that successful brands must be built on reality: products and services that deliver real value to customers and ways of doing business that reflect both the personal values of the entrepreneur and the values of the enterprise and its people
I agree with the author. Products and services should be relevant to customers. Thanks for the informative review!
Yes, a brand should be a tangible promise. Thanks for stopping by and giving feedback!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

JuliaKay wrote: 18 Sep 2018, 11:21 This sounds like a great book. I like the idea of a book that promotes and teaches thinking outside of the box, as I feel that it is a critical thinking skill that does need to be learned and practiced. I also love learning about consumerism and product promotion. It's fascinating to see what tools entrepreneurs use to attract people. Thanks for the great review.
Thanks for your feedback Juliakay. The book recommends starting with the needs of the customer and articulating clearly how the brand will address those needs.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
trajoe1206
Currently Reading: The Witch of Endor: Vampires
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trajoe1206.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by trajoe1206 »

Thank you for your detailed and honest review. I think I may just have to read this book. It's not my normal go to read, but I did some marketing work back in the day and spent some time with a well know marketing company learning about brand marketing
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

Go for it! It is interesting to see some methods employed different popular brands.
-Walt Disney
Britty01
Favorite Book: Will's Red Coat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britty01.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Britty01 »

That made me chuckle. I think Cadbury stout and eating Guinness chocolate might taste rather nice!
Of course I was thinking of mixing the ingredients, not just the brand names. I loved this book, despite the few errors. Like you I figured it was great learning materials. The subject was not new to me but I had not seen it all put together in this manner before. I loved the diagrams and charts. I found it interesting that you figured it would be nice split up. I had actually liked it the way it was. Like you I appreciated the contributions of other authors. Thanks for the great review.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

Britty01 wrote: 19 Sep 2018, 00:11 That made me chuckle. I think Cadbury stout and eating Guinness chocolate might taste rather nice!
Of course I was thinking of mixing the ingredients, not just the brand names. I loved this book, despite the few errors. Like you I figured it was great learning materials. The subject was not new to me but I had not seen it all put together in this manner before. I loved the diagrams and charts. I found it interesting that you figured it would be nice split up. I had actually liked it the way it was. Like you I appreciated the contributions of other authors. Thanks for the great review.
Lol, mixing the ingredients sure is thinking outside the box! You are right - the author put together the different material, some of which are not so new, in a very unique way. Thanks for reading my review and giving feedback.
-Walt Disney
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

I never would have thought from the book cover that this book was about building a brand name. It sounds like a lot of material to learn from and worth it if wanting to do some business where branding is required.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

LV2R wrote: 23 Sep 2018, 01:09 I never would have thought from the book cover that this book was about building a brand name. It sounds like a lot of material to learn from and worth it if wanting to do some business where branding is required.
Actually, according to the book, branding is require in all businesses. Thanks for taking time to read and giving feedback.
-Walt Disney
fernsmom
Favorite Book: Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fernsmom.html
Latest Review: The Easter Make Believers by Finn Bell
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by fernsmom »

Well, there might be "light" or "dark" words, etc for brand names but even with a not perfect brand name if they had you writing an ad or commercial they would get rich!
Do I need to say another great review? Obviously! :tiphat:
This was amazing below- couldn't just pick a sentence, the whole paragraph. If I had to pick one though the box was hysterical. Great job! :tiphat:
"Supposing Mr. Cadbury had been a brewer and Mr. Guinness a confectioner, would we today be drinking Cadbury stout and eating Guinness chocolate? How successful would Kodak be at present, had it not feared to bring digital photography to the market? Whenever you encounter the term ‘think outside the box,’ do you ever wonder what this box is and why it is assumed that you are inside of it? Did you know that one can actually learn to be creative, innovative and resilient? And, are you aware of the entrepreneur’s Achilles heel? In Brand Real, Vasken Kalayjian passionately delves into exploring the scenarios outlined above and many others."
JuliaKay
Currently Reading: The Black Witch
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliakay.html
Latest Review: I Am Not Gog by Matthew James Hunt

Post by JuliaKay »

Branding is so interesting and important to learn about, even if it's not a field that you are pursuing. I feel like branding for any kind of entrepreneur is becoming increasingly crucial with social media. Thanks for the review.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

JuliaKay wrote: 10 Nov 2018, 13:52 Branding is so interesting and important to learn about, even if it's not a field that you are pursuing. I feel like branding for any kind of entrepreneur is becoming increasingly crucial with social media. Thanks for the review.
Yes I agree, branding is very crucial. Thanks for stopping by.
-Walt Disney

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”