Book of the day not received leading to loss of carry over entries

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Laceyadams
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laceyadams.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Book of the day not received leading to loss of carry over entries

Post by Laceyadams »

Hello,
I would like to address a few issues. Firstly, I don't receive the book of the day until the entry of the day is almost over.
Secondly, I did not receive the book of the day (the island of the dead novella) of yesterday and I was given a notice that my carryover entries will be lost if I don't apply. I used the link to apply and noticed I still had 2hours until it expires. But my carryover entries were disqualified. Why?

It is not the first time this is happening. I felt because I was new and didn't U deratand the rules that was why I was disqualified the first time. I don't think it is fair to disqualify me through no fault of mine. The system is flawed and needs to be looked into as this can be very dissapointing.
Please check to see that I didn't receive the book of the day at all.
I was also told I didn't put in a Twitter entry the other day which I most certainly did. I always post my entries twice to make sure it goes through. Look into this and give me my carry over entries back please. Thanks you
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Laceyadams wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 01:44 Hello,
I would like to address a few issues. Firstly, I don't receive the book of the day until the entry of the day is almost over.
Secondly, I did not receive the book of the day (the island of the dead novella) of yesterday and I was given a notice that my carryover entries will be lost if I don't apply. I used the link to apply and noticed I still had 2hours until it expires. But my carryover entries were disqualified. Why?

It is not the first time this is happening. I felt because I was new and didn't U deratand the rules that was why I was disqualified the first time. I don't think it is fair to disqualify me through no fault of mine. The system is flawed and needs to be looked into as this can be very dissapointing.
Please check to see that I didn't receive the book of the day at all.
I was also told I didn't put in a Twitter entry the other day which I most certainly did. I always post my entries twice to make sure it goes through. Look into this and give me my carry over entries back please. Thanks you
You don't need to wait for the BOTD's mail to enter the Giveaway.

You should have got an email stating the reason for the disqualification, so please check your mail and spam folder. You need to share the Twitter entry via the button on the Giveaway page for it to count. If you did that, you have the option to appeal via the link provided in the email.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

You must also click the Yay, I did it button for any posts you do on the giveaway page. Merely posting to Facebook Twitter, etc will not get you the credit. That only works for the OBC review comment.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”