Reviewer verses Author

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Reviewer verses Author

Post by Mindy Conahye »

Hi All,
I was interested in learning more about submitting a book for review, but had been doing reviews myself. I was just curious about learning more, but now my account is set up for as an author submitting a book. Does anyone know how I get my account to back how it was? I can't pull up my reviewer score or the guidelines any more. Thank you!

Mindy
Mac :techie-reference:
AmySmiles
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles »

You have to resign from the author group via your user control panel on the groups page.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:

Post by Mindy Conahye »

Thank you!
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:

Post by Mindy Conahye »

When I go into the control panel, there isn't an option to resign from the author group. I can click to be a reviewer and join, but it says I'm already a member. I'm not sure what to do lol.
AmySmiles
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder

Post by AmySmiles »

mac83 wrote: 13 Sep 2018, 08:08 When I go into the control panel, there isn't an option to resign from the author group. I can click to be a reviewer and join, but it says I'm already a member. I'm not sure what to do lol.
Down at the bottom there is a select box that when you click on it has the option resign from selected. Click on the group you want to resign from and then choose that and then choose the option to resign and then click the button.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:

Post by Mindy Conahye »

I want to resign from the author section of it, but that is listed within the reviewer section. I still want to be a reviewer. There isnt a separate box to check to just resign from the author part.
AmySmiles
Currently Reading:

Post by AmySmiles »

mac83 wrote: 13 Sep 2018, 08:46 I want to resign from the author section of it, but that is listed within the reviewer section. I still want to be a reviewer. There isnt a separate box to check to just resign from the author part.
There should be a little radio button out by the author section that you click on before selecting the resign option.
–Author Unknown
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:

Post by Mindy Conahye »

There isn't. Thats is where I am running into the problem. I thought it was something with using my phone so I logged on the computer and there still isn't anything beside the author section that I can click.
AmySmiles
Currently Reading:

Post by AmySmiles »

mac83 wrote: 13 Sep 2018, 09:08 There isn't. Thats is where I am running into the problem. I thought it was something with using my phone so I logged on the computer and there still isn't anything beside the author section that I can click.
You may want to send a quick message through the contact page and one of the admins and assist you further. I've not personally had this issue so I'm only going by what I see on my end. I'm sorry you are having this problem.
–Author Unknown
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:

Post by Mindy Conahye »

When I go to the contact page it wants me to fill out the form to submit a book to be reviewed. I have tried different things. Is there a person outside the global group that I can email?
AmySmiles
Currently Reading:

Post by AmySmiles »

@gali can you help with this please?
–Author Unknown
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:

Post by Mindy Conahye »

Thank you.
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

mac83 wrote: 13 Sep 2018, 09:21 When I go to the contact page it wants me to fill out the form to submit a book to be reviewed. I have tried different things. Is there a person outside the global group that I can email?
There is a an option on the main contact form to mark that you are not actually an author or publisher. :tiphat:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:

Post by Mindy Conahye »

Wow. I had been on the contact page numerous times and thought I had to fill out the form to submit it all. Didnt realize I just needed to do that last box and it would solve it all! Thank you both for your help. I am back to being a reviewer!

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”