Official Review: The Pre & Post College Student Pocke...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ea_anthony
Favorite Book: Praying successfully
Currently Reading: Prisoners of Geography
Bookshelf Size: 650
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ea-anthony.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Re: Official Review: The Pre & Post College Student Pocke...

Post by ea_anthony »

Very apt review, well done! This seems to be a gem of a book with practical nuggets, I wish I had read this type of book as a teen. I have a teenage son so hope to share it wit him. Kudos to Renee J. Bey and congrats on #BOTD.
Ignorance promotes divisiveness, knowledge encourages diversity. :techie-studyingbrown:
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

I like that the book goes step by step as one progresses in life. A book that also gives you more reference material is always a winner to me. Learning how to manage your money early is one of the essential things, in my view that will contribute to your future happiness. I will definitely look this up and thank you for the great review.
ObsessedBookNerd
Favorite Book: Moon Called
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 882
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedbooknerd.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by ObsessedBookNerd »

I could have benefited from this in high school. I was raised in a family of 7 kids so I felt like I would put the family in debt if I went to college without knowing what I wanted to do. I like how it lets you know no matter what age it helps find the cheapest way to save on you going to college and help you realize the importance of a retirement fund. I’m definitely going to read the whole book after reading a sample of the story and recommend it to my family so that it will help them when deciding to go to college.
Ijeoma Kikelomo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ijeoma-kikelomo.html
Latest Review: Visions of Prosetry, Collector's Edition II by Vèè Nelly

Post by Ijeoma Kikelomo »

The seems really practical. I like it doesn't just tell you the things you should but also shows how to do those things. Lovely review.
NuelUkah
Favorite Book: Heaven and Earth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 283
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nuelukah.html
Latest Review: Dibs and Dabs of my Life by Gertrude Coulter

Post by NuelUkah »

Well detailed and concise book. I would have loved to have this book in my university days. However, one could get one or two ideas from this book.
Congrats on #BOTD!
If you are TOO BIG to DO SMALL things, then you are TOO SMALL to DO BIG things...

If you want to be remembered long after you are gone, WRITE books worth READING or DO things worth WRITING about...
lavellan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavellan.html
Latest Review: encoded by Richard Nedbal

Post by lavellan »

Thanks for your review. This book sounds like a great life guide for all stages of people. I think that teenagers in high school will really benefit from the college-related tips. Personally, the career starting and retirement tips are the most relevant to me. I don't know how one would go about saving and preparing for retirement.
Shas F
Currently Reading: Monsters in the Hallway
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shas-f.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Shas F »

The Pre & Post College Student Pocket Guide to Success by Renee J. Bey provides timely, useful, realistic, and highly practical, applicable and doable advice to succeeding in high school, getting scholarships to colleges in the US, avoiding the college debt trap and once you're out of college, building your retirement fund. In a slim volume, Ms. Bey manages to cover all bases, including the period in your life when you're way past college. This amazing guide book is all business, clearly written and giving doable and relevant tips on every page. The can-do attitude permeates every page. The book is designed to make young people realize they can start early in life to grab the keys to a happy, productive and debt-free future. It's a morale and confidence-boosting book and therefore, a joyful one. This is a must-read for every American student and may even be recommended to young people in other countries because it might hold parallels to situations in other countries. Thanks to bruin for a detailed review of the book's scope.
bellaterrabooks
Currently Reading: On the Rez
Bookshelf Size: 256
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellaterrabooks.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by bellaterrabooks »

The process of applying to college and the subsequent exiting for college life can be a harrowing experience for most individuals. This fact is especially true for those that are navigating the journey unaccompanied by anyone who has gone through the process previously. A book that would help guide people through this process is a valuable resource for students, especially those looking to avoid the massive amounts of debt following their education. It is quite disheartening to spend several years after college working hard to bring down the student loans or credit cards that many individuals take out in order to fund their high-priced education. Since this book covers several genres from the pre-planning stages to the post-college life, I can see how it would be beneficial to several demographics.
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by kwame1977 »

The book is professionally edited. The is an excellent feature of a good book. What an excellent review. Good job job!
kaymontacell
Currently Reading: Becoming the Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaymontacell.html
Latest Review: Demon Heart by David Crane

Post by kaymontacell »

As a college student, I'm really excited to check this book out. Financial literacy is an abundantly important subject that doesn't get enough press. I'll totally check it out!
"No way but forward!"
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Well written review and thanks for it. But self-help books are not very palatable for me. So, I will pass by this one. Anyway, congratulations on being the BOTD
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

Getting students to think about pensions must be quite an achievement. Living debt free is great advice.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
Asavela
Favorite Book: Island Games
Currently Reading: Journey of a Bedroom Poet
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asavela.html
Latest Review: Barbra Streisand: On the Couch by Alma H. Bond, Ph.D.

Post by Asavela »

A very interesting book, I would love to save up money to go to college as it very expensive here.
Dori Lee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dori-lee.html
Latest Review: House of Dads by June Gillam
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dori Lee »

Wish this information was available for me many, many, many years ago. I could have used it after high school. I think this type of information will help all teenagers. Thanks for the review.
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

This kind of handbook is invaluable for college preparation. Great review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”