Review by Ravinder+Kaur -- Happiness is All We Want!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ravinder+Kaur
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ravinder-kaur.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann
Reading Device: Kindle

Review by Ravinder+Kaur -- Happiness is All We Want!

Post by Ravinder+Kaur »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Happiness is All We Want!" by Ashutosh Mishra.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Happiness is all we want by Ashutosh Mishra is of the non-fiction genre, but it is more of a motivational or self-help book, because it is a perfect guide to one's holistic well-being, leading to the destination of sustainable happiness.

There are several self-help books out there that guide people who are stressed out running in the mad race trying to be ahead of one another in this digital era. But this book stands out from the rest, as it describes in quite a structured and simple manner how to go about taking control of our lives.

Actually, in this technological age,we all are moving blindly on, trying to be at the top in the collection of material possessions; thinking the more we possess, the more happy we shall be. This is what the author tells us is a wrong notion and such a joy is temporary. Our list of demands and expectations is inexhaustible and the cycle of running after lasting happiness never stops. He explains how one can, systematically work towards empowering the mind, body and soul, to bring a semblance of peace in one's life.

The book is divided into three sections _ mental, physical and spiritual.At the end of each section, are given practical tips to follow.There are portions of ' tech traps ' and ' happiness moments ' based on interviews and personal experiences of various renowned gurus.Effective techniques, in the form of smart well-being capsules, are given which one can select to suit as per convenience.

Simple doable methods, which don't require much time and money, is the highlight of the book. That is why I give the book 4 out of four stars , and I recommend it to anyone looking for peace and joy out of the chaos of this fast-paced life. There were just a few typos, like sway for away, and ear for eat, though they didn't much spoil my interest in the book, and moreover the book seems to be professionally edited.

Happiness is All We Want!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Ravinder+Kaur's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”