Review by shivalisingla -- The Spirit of Want

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
shivalisingla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivalisingla.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro
Reading Device: B00F3IY76M

Review by shivalisingla -- The Spirit of Want

Post by shivalisingla »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Spirit of Want" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I picked up this book to read as soon as I read the blurb with an interesting plot. Before, getting into the plot details, I must appreciate the Book cover design which is beautiful and relate to the storyline completely. The story revolves around an interesting plot which kept me turning pages and read more. I found this book really engaging and I didn't get confused or bored throughout the story. I couldn't leave the book unfinished as I was completely gripped by the suspense and also because it's fast-paced.

'The Spirit of Want by William Coles' is the story of a woman named Lucy, a light-bronze-skinned, dark-eyed, stunningly beautiful woman in her thirties and a defense lawyer by profession who loved her work. She stumbles upon this guy named Hower Bain, an evangelist, and who then becomes her client as he is accused of sexually molesting a child. She falls in love with him as their story progresses.

It is when he comes into her life and she loses it all as her life changes completely after that. She fights the case for him the best way possible, but she loses the case as Hower is proved guilty. After they have lost the case and an appeal is made, the guy runs away to Africa and Lucy decides to go after him forgetting her family. She follows the evangelist to Africa. As the story progresses, she is confronted with dreadful truths about this man and she is shocked by what happens next in her life after she goes back to her family.

The best part about the book is that the suspense and thrill of the story remain throughout to the end of the book. I loved the writing style of the author especially the language which is easy to understand and I also found the narration to the point. I didn't spot any major spelling or grammatical errors in the book. The book looks well edited by the professional editors. I haven't read any book by the author before and hence, I have to say this book after reading 'The Spirit of Want' by the author makes me want to read more by him in the future.

I didn't find anything that was bad about this book. From the book title, book cover to the author's writing style, narration, language, and plot of the story has been balanced out really well in the book. I highly recommend this book to the readers who are interested in reading Suspense and Thriller Novels.

Overall, I would like to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

The Spirit of Want
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like shivalisingla's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”