Review by StarkidStarling -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sarah Starling
Favorite Author: Alix E. Harrow
Favorite Book: Starling House
Currently Reading: Love and Other Words
Bookshelf Size: 10084
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-starling.html
Latest Review: Cell Biology For Babies by Dr. Haitham Ahmed
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 176795

Review by StarkidStarling -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by Sarah Starling »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami was a fantastic read. I breezed through it within 3 days of starting. It was a brilliant blend of modern literature with Italian art history. This was a fast-paced story with genuinely no slow parts. It kept me wanting to read more right until the end. Ami gets the reader invested in their pasts just as much as the present story.

Our heroine in the novel is Angela with her love-interest Alex. They are on a quest to find a long-lost Da Vinci painting. Angela has visions from their past selves that reveal the true history and location of the art. Her former boss and his mafia lackey stalk the pair and try to thwart their attempt to recover and return the painting so they can sell it at auction and retire off the income. Along the way, Angela is visited by the ghosts of her past lives and their lovers. They show her snapshots of their life to help her throughout the journey.

I loved everything about this book. The characters were dynamic, the story was unique and fun, the descriptions were perfect while still leaving some to the reader, and the romance was just enough to keep the reader invested in it. Angela and Alex were likeable characters, but the true stars were the ghosts from the past. They had such unique stories of love and friendship. My favorite relationship was the friendship between Fioretta and Leonardo. They had a playful banter, but clearly both respected the other; their relationship was realistic and what everyone can aspire to in a friendship.

The only thing this book could have done to make me like it even more is include a little Italian English dictionary or explain what all the phrases/words meant throughout the novel. For some quotations, she does state it in Italian and English, but I would prefer it if she did it for all of them that were not common knowledge, such as bella or ciao. It took me out of the story on occasion so I could look up what they meant to understand the full story.

I rate The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami 4 out of 4 stars. This book would appeal to a wide range of audiences, especially people who appreciate Italian culture and art, love a steamy romance, and enjoy a bit of suspense and action. Due to the nature of main love-interests, I would not recommend this to anyone under 18 or that does not want to read graphic sex scenes. The writing style was easy to follow and always fast-paced. The scenery is enough to make any reader jealous of Alex’s lavish lifestyle. This is one of the best book I have read in a while and I highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in even one part of it.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like StarkidStarling's review? Post a comment saying so!
Nma26
Currently Reading: Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nma26.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Nma26 »

Thanks for the review.This book appeals to me and I would certainly love to read it.God help us with the Italian dictionary.
C-Extra22
Currently Reading: Blessed By the darkness
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c-extra22.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by C-Extra22 »

Did they find the painting? I'm curious about the outcome.
Sarah Starling
Favorite Author: Alix E. Harrow
Favorite Book: Starling House
Currently Reading: Love and Other Words
Bookshelf Size: 10084
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-starling.html
Latest Review: Cell Biology For Babies by Dr. Haitham Ahmed
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 176795

Post by Sarah Starling »

C-Extra22 wrote: 02 Sep 2018, 04:43 Did they find the painting? I'm curious about the outcome.
You'll have to read it to find out :techie-studyinggray:
dinotoria
Currently Reading: The Valley and the Flood
Bookshelf Size: 30

Post by dinotoria »

I was curious about this one, and I'm glad to see you rated it so positively! I'll be checking it out for sure.
Onyinye Excel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinye-excel.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Onyinye Excel »

I find this book an interesting read.I would read it when I get an Italian dictionary.Your review is quite entertaining.
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by LaurenHaupt »

I've seen many reviews on this book. Yours is great also. I hope I can read it soon.
:techie-studyingbrown:
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

I really don't understand why so many people loved this book. I thought the characters were ridiculous and that the theme of unbridled lust was much stronger than the plot about the painting. Maybe you just have to be a really big romance fan.
Taylor Danvers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor-danvers.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Taylor Danvers »

I think the book should have been more about Davinci's history than Angela's love life.
:happy-cheerleaderkid: :text-feedback: :text-welcomeconfetti:
Ndiviwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndiviwe.html
Latest Review: Money Faucet by Joe Calderwood

Post by Ndiviwe »

A mystery thriller sounds like a book right up my alley. Very insightful review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”