Review by asere_maryanne -- The Warramunga's War

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
asere_maryanne
Currently Reading: Source
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asere-maryanne.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Review by asere_maryanne -- The Warramunga's War

Post by asere_maryanne »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Warramunga's War" by Greg Kater.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Review of the Warramunga's War

The Warramunga’s war by Greg Kater is a historical fiction about war but war is not a dominant theme in the story. The story is mainly about spying, spies and tracking down a gang of robbers and murderers.

Captain Jamie Munro and Jack ‘Jacko’ O’Brien meet in the battle of Damour when Jacko saved Jamie’s life; from that, the two became great friends. Afterwards the two went to Cairo working under the MI6 to pin down Germany spies.

Jamie and Jacko alongside two other officers: Captain Johnny Cook (their leader) and Officer Matt MacAulay, do all it takes to have the Germans in custody, and counter their mission. The team makes use of young girls, some who are night dancers in clubs to get vital information from the German spies. In between their task, one of their informants, Farida dies under mysterious circumstances and a series of similar deaths follow. The team tries to get all the information about the murders from the police to see if they can help unearth the monster. Along the way, Jacko meets Monique and a love story is added to the historical fiction. Matt also tries his hand in love, which somehow works to his advantage.

The next stop for Jamie and Jacko is in Southeast Asia and then to Darwin where they work under the Commonwealth Investigation Service (CIS). The two set out to capture two Germans accused of war crimes but they end up pursuing a larger and dangerous gang. This part turns out to be the best for me; it is more action-packed, and the two officers happen to meet so many interesting people in their quest. For instance, Sarah, her personality just draws you more into the story.

The story has well developed characters. Jacko stands out for me, he is good at what he does and his humorous side lightens the tone in the story. The story also evokes feelings of love, admiration and anger to some of the characters. At some point in the story, I felt like I could punish one of the characters mercilessly.

There were few errors in grammar but they did not interfere with the flow of the story. The story is captivating and, it kept me in suspense. I recommend it those who love historical fiction and those who really love a good read. I loved every bit of the book and I therefore rate it a 4 out of 4 stars.

The Warramunga's War
View: on Bookshelves

Like asere_maryanne's review? Post a comment saying so!
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

Thanks for the detailed review. I almost want to follow the2 gentlemen in their adventures!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Rafaella Michailidou
Currently Reading: Dark Places
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rafaella-michailidou.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Rafaella Michailidou »

Thank you for your review. I think I'll pass on this one. Keep up the good work!
“All the secrets of the world are contained in books. Read at your own risk.”
― Lemony Snicket
Sicily Joy
Currently Reading: Becoming
Bookshelf Size: 906
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sicily-joy.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Sicily Joy »

From your review, this book sounds like a fun adventure story with well-developed characters. Thanks for a great review
asere_maryanne

Post by asere_maryanne »

Sisou wrote: 01 Sep 2018, 00:14 From your review, this book sounds like a fun adventure story with well-developed characters. Thanks for a great review
It sure is. Thank you
asere_maryanne

Post by asere_maryanne »

Sen_Suzumiya wrote: 31 Aug 2018, 18:35 Thank you for your review. I think I'll pass on this one. Keep up the good work!
Thank you for going through the review.
asere_maryanne

Post by asere_maryanne »

Cotwani wrote: 31 Aug 2018, 01:06 Thanks for the detailed review. I almost want to follow the2 gentlemen in their adventures!
They are really good characters. Thanks for reading my review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”