Themes

Discuss the May 2016 Book of the Month, Save the Last Bullet for God by JT Alblood.

View Save the Last Bullet for God on Bookshelves

View Save the Last Bullet for God on Amazon
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Themes

Post by gali »

What did you think about the concepts and themes presented in this book? Did you find them too complex or easy to understand? I thoughts some of them were very intriguing and not at all difficult to follow, while others were a bit difficult to swallow.

What did you agree or disagree about? I agreed with the author stating that our understanding is limited by current knowledge and that what is not believable today, may be believable in the future.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Vermont Reviews »

gali wrote:What did you think about the concepts and themes presented in this book? Did you find them too complex or easy to understand? I thoughts some of them were very intriguing and not at all difficult to follow, while others were a bit difficult to swallow.

What did you agree or disagree about? I agreed with the author stating that our understanding is limited by current knowledge and that what is not believable today, may be believable in the future.

Just as sci-fi thinks about the advanced which becomes reality. The themes presented in this book made you think. And that is a good thing. :techie-studyingbrown:
Rhoe_Marrow
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhoe-marrow.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Rhoe_Marrow »

definitely makes you think about some things. I am a little gullible so despite the crazies I can get swept away pretty easily.
tortoise keeper
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tortoise-keeper.html
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel
Reading Device: B0192AFG7A

Post by tortoise keeper »

It was thought provoking especially the idea of "survival of the strongest" whether due to disease, access to resources, or war.
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel
rachel_bruhn
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire #1)
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel-jacks.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
Publishing Contest Votes: 9
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by rachel_bruhn »

I found many of the ideas and themes to be fairly complex, but well explained. I did not feel too confused or lost in the technical parts of the book.
Journey beyond the jacket.
Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>

rachel_jacks wrote:I found many of the ideas and themes to be fairly complex, but well explained. I did not feel too confused or lost in the technical parts of the book.

agreed
lmoses
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lmoses.html
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline

Post by lmoses »

I really like to have books that make you think and this is one of them. The complex themes are presented to make the reader question what they know and presented with enough information to help support several ideas.
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline
rachel_bruhn

Post by rachel_bruhn »

I liked the way that the author presented the possibility of the reality of the book. How we perceive reality is limited by what we know. Using that logic, anything is possible; it's just not "real" (to us) because we haven't figured it out yet. As one that is enthusiastic about conspiracy theories (well supported ones), I enjoyed reading about a new twist on our reality. I like books that make me stop and think, "What if...?"
Vermont Reviews

rachel_jacks wrote:I liked the way that the author presented the possibility of the reality of the book. How we perceive reality is limited by what we know. Using that logic, anything is possible; it's just not "real" (to us) because we haven't figured it out yet. As one that is enthusiastic about conspiracy theories (well supported ones), I enjoyed reading about a new twist on our reality. I like books that make me stop and think, "What if...?"

I like this

Vermont Reviews
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Some of the themes are very interesting while others are, for me, overwhelming. I can say this book is not an easy read, albeit very engaging. I admire the author for coming up with those ideas.
rachel_bruhn

Post by rachel_bruhn »

I agree that it is both engaging and challenging. It requires a lot of active reading and reading between the lines. This may be a challenge for some readers, especially when trying to grasp the overall picture.
Sarah G
Favorite Author: Brandon Sanderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-g.html
Latest Review: Smith by Sam B Miller II
fav_author_id: 4040

Post by Sarah G »

The part with the Black Death having concious thoughts for me was a bit too much for me. I think this is because it's one of the concepts I actually know well.

However the section about changing the past was more agreeable because I didn't know as much about the subject to now of any arguments against it.

I did like that fact the book questioned old theories in a way. It made a lot more interesting compared to other similar books.
The purpose of a storyteller is not to tell you how to think, but to give you questions to think upon
Vermont Reviews

Sarah G wrote:The part with the Black Death having concious thoughts for me was a bit too much for me. I think this is because it's one of the concepts I actually know well.

However the section about changing the past was more agreeable because I didn't know as much about the subject to now of any arguments against it.

I did like that fact the book questioned old theories in a way. It made a lot more interesting compared to other similar books.

I really liked your comment

Vermont Reviews
kklaudi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kklaudi.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kklaudi »

I think I will reread some parts just for those themes and theories. Really interesting and enjoyable and definetly made me think. I even got some extra books on some topics just to explore those ideas a bit more. As a fan of reincarnation and WW2 (do not ask), I found that theory of alien "soul" living in us extra curious.
gaporter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gaporter.html
Latest Review: Lives of Museum Junkies by Marilynne Eichinger
Reading Device: B0051VVOB2

Post by gaporter »

rachel_jacks wrote:I liked the way that the author presented the possibility of the reality of the book. How we perceive reality is limited by what we know. Using that logic, anything is possible; it's just not "real" (to us) because we haven't figured it out yet. As one that is enthusiastic about conspiracy theories (well supported ones), I enjoyed reading about a new twist on our reality. I like books that make me stop and think, "What if...?"
I did like the concept about the alien consciousness. I agree that it did definitely make me think "What if...?" Some of the theories were certainly worth pondering about, even if I didn't particularly care for the actual plot and story telling elements of it.

Return to “"Save the Last Bullet for God" by JT Alblood”