Plot lines

Discuss the May 2016 Book of the Month, Save the Last Bullet for God by JT Alblood.

View Save the Last Bullet for God on Bookshelves

View Save the Last Bullet for God on Amazon
gaporter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gaporter.html
Latest Review: Lives of Museum Junkies by Marilynne Eichinger
Reading Device: B0051VVOB2

Re: Plot lines

Post by gaporter »

Amheiser wrote:I liked the beginning of the story, but then had a very hard time reading Oktay's version of his life because it just didn't seem to fit in the story at that time. Then, when I got to Elif's version of Oktay's problems I really got involved in the story and it explained why things didn't seem to make sense in the prior section. The next section was the long, drawn out section on wars which I think could have been shortened to get the point across, and there was a lot of blood and guts which I didn't necessarily care for, but the people who like to read about that stuff maybe would like. I did like that it pointed out how the genetic history of the world was changed by those wars because that just hadn't ever occurred to me before, but it makes a lot of sense. I liked the ending of the story also.
I agree with a lot of this, too. The long sections about war were important to get the point about the genetics, but reading through it all got old and kind of repetitive.
Annelore Trujillo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annelore-trujillo.html
Latest Review: Starlight Life by N.C Brightman

Post by Annelore Trujillo »

I liked the section with Oktay, especially Elif's prospective. I did think that the sections were pretty disjointed. I saw how they were connected eventually, but I thought I still think it was a bit hard to follow.
qsbookrec
Currently Reading: The Third Target
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by qsbookrec »

Reading your comments on this book was of interest . Thank you for the input. The title was what drew my attention. Did you think the title worked for this book?
jeffallen
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">VALIS</a>
Currently Reading: Dandalion Wine
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeffallen.html
Latest Review: "52 Hangover-Free Weekends - Never Give Up Your Favorite Booze" by Ryan Jerome

Post by jeffallen »

Oktays.
Latest Review: "52 Hangover-Free Weekends - Never Give Up Your Favorite Booze" by Ryan Jerome
Mares Nest
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Pearl that Broke Its Shell
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mares-nest.html
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Mares Nest »

I loved doctor Otkay and Elif. I'm a huge fan of psychological tinged in books, and hence Elif is a favourite. I also liked Black Death. They did seem a bit disconnected, but the in depth accounts of each were really enjoyable.
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

Yeah I have nothing new to contribute here but I definitely love Oktay's story the most. I definitely did not see that twist coming and I love books with great out of left field twists. They're my favorite.
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Return to “"Save the Last Bullet for God" by JT Alblood”