Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Book of the Month » Book of the month » "Save the Last Bullet for God" by JT Alblood

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

The ending - spoilers

Discuss the May 2016 Book of the Month, Save the Last Bullet for God by JT Alblood.

View Save the Last Bullet for God on Bookshelves

View Save the Last Bullet for God on Amazon

Re: The ending - spoilers

Post Number:#16 by Vermont Reviews
» 21 May 2016, 05:40

ellie_calvin wrote:
stoppoppingtheP wrote:I'm still confused.

I think, perhaps the author was trying to say that this 'thing' was a soul, and it sort of got reincarnated into different bodies throughout time, until it 'discovered something that it was supposed to.

maybe...

I thought the same but took it a little bit further. This "thing" is an alien and is what gives humans consciousness. It relocates into different bodies to learn different things but also to exterminate species that do not add to the overall good of this alien race (the pay to play idea they kept referencing). As Ceci, Black Death, and Francisco it learns to feed off human emotions, and since they are all negative emotions it thinks those are what it wants and needs to survive. As Reich it learns to love and in Oktay it learns the value of love. It returns to Reich to "kill God" and save it's first love.

The ending was very unclear and this is how I have interpreted it after a lot of thought. I just cannot get this book out of my head! I lent this book to a friend so I apologize if I got the wrong name for some of the characters.

I liked this statement

Vermont Reviews
Vermont Reviews

Favorite Book: Scam Prevention
Currently Reading: Storm of Arranon
Bookshelf Size: 343 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Fire HD 7 Tablet
2017 Reading Goal: 300 Books
Goal Completion: 15%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Post Number:#17 by gaporter
» 31 May 2016, 15:49

ellie_calvin wrote:
stoppoppingtheP wrote:I'm still confused.

I think, perhaps the author was trying to say that this 'thing' was a soul, and it sort of got reincarnated into different bodies throughout time, until it 'discovered something that it was supposed to.

maybe...

I thought the same but took it a little bit further. This "thing" is an alien and is what gives humans consciousness. It relocates into different bodies to learn different things but also to exterminate species that do not add to the overall good of this alien race (the pay to play idea they kept referencing). As Ceci, Black Death, and Francisco it learns to feed off human emotions, and since they are all negative emotions it thinks those are what it wants and needs to survive. As Reich it learns to love and in Oktay it learns the value of love. It returns to Reich to "kill God" and save it's first love.

The ending was very unclear and this is how I have interpreted it after a lot of thought. I just cannot get this book out of my head! I lent this book to a friend so I apologize if I got the wrong name for some of the characters.

I understood the concepts about reincarnation and the alien-human consciousness and I thought these were interesting. But I didn't see how God played into the book at all, really. Maybe I need to reread a few parts, but it's hard to tell where the line is between the author purposefully leaving things vague and up to interpretation and the author not fully delivering the message that he intended.
gaporter

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device:
2017 Reading Goal: 50 Books
Goal Completion: 28%

Post Number:#18 by anneloretrujillo
» 13 Jun 2016, 10:17

I found it slightly confusing as well. I feel like it connected all of the parts together, but I didn't understand what had actually happened. I know the purpose of the mission throughout the book was to kill God. However I didn't feel like the ending showed how or if this was done. I read the book because of the mission, but the mission was confusing.
anneloretrujillo

Currently Reading: Never Cry Again
Bookshelf Size: 55 books

View Reviewer Page
Goal Completion: 18%

Post Number:#19 by Kia
» 15 Jun 2016, 21:20

Wow, I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who was really confused by the ending. I think that the aliens take over the living things on Earth as their consciousness and throughout history have eliminated the undesirable people to create a superior race. How God ties into it and how the whole story fits together though I really am not clear on.
"Yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it you can either run from it, or learn from it."- Rafiki
Kia

Currently Reading: Eye of the world
Bookshelf Size: 39 books

View Reviewer Page
Goal Completion: 0%

Post Number:#20 by CatInTheHat
» 30 Jun 2016, 14:14

gali wrote:
rachel_jacks wrote:I interpreted it a little differently. Throughout the book, it seemed like God didn't matter; there were forces bigger than God. In the end, it was like God was actually the key to it all. Things finally changed when he made this realization. At least that's how I interpreted it.

I interpreted it in a similar manner. But I think that as humans, even believers in a god, often find there a bigger forces when faced with adversity, such as seen in this book.

-- 30 Jun 2016, 15:15 --

[/quote]
Every author has the ability to make the reader wonder.[/quote]

So very true! Making the reader wonder is part of what makes a book a great story!
CatInTheHat's Latest Review: "The Judas Effect" by Loraine Tulleken
CatInTheHat

Currently Reading: Hilbilly Elegy
Bookshelf Size: 382 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 52 Books
Goal Completion: 21%

Post Number:#21 by Mares Nest
» 04 Jul 2016, 11:40

I was a bit confused at the end. We find we were looking for all along, yes, but at the same time we were trying to kill it. Some of us thought it was already dead. But loved the whole concept of the alien and how they're the ones who gave us conscience.
Mares Nest

Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Pearl that Broke Its Shell
Bookshelf Size: 22 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books

Post Number:#22 by Amheiser
» 11 Jul 2016, 15:39

rachel_jacks wrote:I interpreted it a little differently. Throughout the book, it seemed like God didn't matter; there were forces bigger than God. In the end, it was like God was actually the key to it all. Things finally changed when he made this realization. At least that's how I interpreted it.

That's the conclusion I came to also. I think the end is a bit confusing on purpose so that people have to think about how it more and maybe come to this conclusion, but I also think that maybe it's not quite so straightforward as that and people have to think about it more and come to their own interpretations.
Amheiser

Currently Reading: Freedom
Bookshelf Size: 23 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#23 by anneloretrujillo
» 16 Jul 2016, 00:25

Taylor Razzani wrote:I'm glad that I'm not the only one that didn't get the ending. I didn't get the point the author was trying to make throughout the whole book really, so the ending didn't really shed any light on that either.

I felt the same way. I didn't think it explained everything as well ax it could have. I expected a lot more so I was a bit disappointed.
anneloretrujillo

Currently Reading: Never Cry Again
Bookshelf Size: 55 books

View Reviewer Page
Goal Completion: 18%

Post Number:#24 by CrescentMoon
» 30 Jul 2016, 18:21

I definitely thought the ending was confusing and I actually think it was meant to be. I think it really is up to the reader to figure out what it means to each their own. I feel like the reader's own faith would play a huge role in the interpretation of the ending as well. Like an atheist for example might realize that God is not needed or a person who does believe in God actually does need God in their life, etc.
CrescentMoon's Latest Review: "Sins Unforgiven" by J.G. Umbac
CrescentMoon

Currently Reading: Qualify
Bookshelf Size: 52 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#25 by Kitkat3
» 20 Feb 2017, 14:15

I thought the ending was saying that he goes to save Maria and aborts the mission to kill God, so love saves God. I had to sit there and contemplate it for 30 minutes at 3 a.m., and I still don't think I fully understood it. Was the program unsuccessful and that's why he was given his 'fictional happiness'? Was that the desired outcome? I'm not even sure I understand how they planned to kill God. Sending someone to hell maybe? Haha I think I need to read it again.
Kitkat3

Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 116 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 60 Books
Goal Completion: 26%

Previous