Overall Opinion of Save the Last Bullet for God

Discuss the May 2016 Book of the Month, Save the Last Bullet for God by JT Alblood.

View Save the Last Bullet for God on Bookshelves

View Save the Last Bullet for God on Amazon
Taylor Razzani
Favorite Author: Carlos Ruiz Zafón
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 59294">The Shadow of the Wind (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books)</a>
Currently Reading: The Bachman Books
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor-razzani.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington
fav_author_id: 2684

Re: Overall Opinion of Save the Last Bullet for God

Post by Taylor Razzani »

gali wrote:
hsimone wrote:Thank you, gali. What would you say is the connection between God and the bullet?
I am not really sure. I think shooting God was just an excuse the protagonist gave the Nazis to install his plans (building a space ship).
Yeah it seemed to be a small concept in the book, I think it was mentioned once or twice, but I don't believe any sort of religion played much of a part in the larger scheme of things.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Taylor Razzani wrote:
gali wrote:
hsimone wrote:Thank you, gali. What would you say is the connection between God and the bullet?
I am not really sure. I think shooting God was just an excuse the protagonist gave the Nazis to install his plans (building a space ship).
Yeah it seemed to be a small concept in the book, I think it was mentioned once or twice, but I don't believe any sort of religion played much of a part in the larger scheme of things.
Thank you, Taylor Razzani, for your input. It's good to know that religion didn't really play a part in the book.
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Kia
Currently Reading: Damaged Goods
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kia.html
Latest Review: Wheel of Katarnum by James Calliotte
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kia »

It is very obvious that the author is both a genius and a very talented writer. However, I just really didn't understand the purpose of the story. The individual pieces were interesting, but they were tied together in a way that made very little sense. I found most of the novel to be very tedious to read due to the complicated theories being tossed around. Overall I gave this book 2 stars. It would only have received 1 but it was very well written, so points must be awarded for that.
"Yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it you can either run from it, or learn from it."- Rafiki
Mares Nest
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Pearl that Broke Its Shell
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mares-nest.html
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Mares Nest »

This was a pretty decent book. I'm not very well acquainted with this specific genre, but I liked the themes this book followed and found myself pondering about them for a long while after reading it.
Jason Tooke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jason-tooke.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Jason Tooke »

I thought this was a great book and a very interesting and original idea . The end lost me a bit though . I feel like I would have liked the individual stories to have been longer .
Amheiser
Currently Reading: Freedom
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amheiser.html
Latest Review: "Beginners only dance book" by Allen g darnel

Post by Amheiser »

This book held my interest except for the part about the Ottoman Empire and those wars. I thought those parts were a little long, and gory and I think the concept of this part of the story to suggest only the strongest genes survived these periods, is a good way to explain this concept, but didn't need to be this long. It was an interesting idea that I hadn't thought about.

I had read that this book explored the idea that aliens were among us and that was why I was interested in reading the book. I feel like I missed something because I didn't really understand how this idea was expressed in the book.

I have recommended this book to other people who I thought would be interested in the parts of the book that I liked which were the beginning stories of the same events told from two completely different perspectives.
Latest Review: "Beginners only dance book" by Allen g darnel
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

This is a hard book for me to rate. I think it would be unfair of me to rate it because this book is not generally not my cup of tea. It is definitely not a bad book by any means. it was very interesting and thought-provoking and unique. However, I usually am not really into stories like this. I think I found it to be too "weird" for my tastes. However, I would recommend this to people who do like this genre.
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
Naval Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Post by Naval Aulakh »

This is not the genre I usually prefer. I did not particularly liked the book but still its uniqueness is something worth appreciation.
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Mindy Conahye »

I think based on the reviews I would enjoy reading this book. I like to check and see what others have to say about books before reading them. I liked hearing this book was enjoyable and thought provoking.
Mac :techie-reference:

Return to “"Save the Last Bullet for God" by JT Alblood”