The Crow Graphic Novel

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Icon The Crow Graphic Novel

Post by Letora »

I believe it has been 20 years now since The Crow graphic novel was first released. Created to help James O'Barr overcome the death of his girlfriend, you can just tell the amount of grief he was suffering from the artistry. It is so raw and dark. You can tell as Eric Draven kills the men responsible for the death of his fiance, that Jame O'barr was sharing similar feelings to the drunk driver that killed his girlfriend. I haven't come across a similar one yet, but I am also new to the graphic novel scene. Has anyone read a similar graphic novel they could suggest?
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
Reigny01
Currently Reading: Triplicity
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Reigny01 »

Forgive me, but holy crow (pun), your acutely dark description of the book is one cue the hurting artist has produced a treasure worth reading. Thanks for sharing this!
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

Reigny01 wrote: 21 Mar 2019, 19:46 Forgive me, but holy crow (pun), your acutely dark description of the book is one cue the hurting artist has produced a treasure worth reading. Thanks for sharing this!
It's as dark as it is beautiful. I saw the movies years before reading the graphic novel. Despite how different they are, I enjoy both!
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
PropaintServices008
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by PropaintServices008 »

I actually read the graphic novel,then seen movie. The eeriness of " Brandon Lee" ,as Draven, was life mimicking art in a surreal way, and the duality of him and his father ,lent itself to everything about the novel as well as film. That was a wow scenario ,and that's an understatement. Great works both.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”