Favourite manga

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
uyky
Favorite Author: Charles de Lint
Currently Reading: Tapping the Dream Tree
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uyky.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
fav_author_id: 6861

Favourite manga

Post by uyky »

What is your favorite manga, that is not well known, and why? Or at least one of the favorites.
Vendlyss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vendlyss.html
Latest Review: The Expansion by Christoph Martin

Post by Vendlyss »

This is probably too well known, but I still love Fruit Basket if just for nostalgic reasons rather than for depth and quality. ๐Ÿ˜€ I have yet to read Black Butler in it's entirety, but I loved the T.V. series.
glitterrain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glitterrain.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by glitterrain »

Negima. *ducks bricks*

I know, I know, but I've been into anime for years and so I'm pretty good at ignoring the creepy bits. The thing about harem manga/anime is that just from sheer critical mass the writers can't help but give the female characters some development despite themselves. Negima's one of the rare ones that passes the Bechdel test as well.
Arrigo_Lupori
Favorite Author: Haruki Murakami
Currently Reading: A Short History of Nearly Everything
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrigo-lupori.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2566

Post by Arrigo_Lupori »

Tokyo Goul, although I did not like the RE sequel
"The abstract sensation of living a lifestyle that hasn't been fully understood."
- The epitome of taste in living disgrace.
Manga_reader031
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Manga_reader031 »

My favorite? I would have to say Tokyo ghoul. It is very well known also, but it is my favorite.
Funbook1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Funbook1 »

Tensei shitara slime data ken and just like it like death march that just turn into TV series
Carat_Crescent

Post by Carat_Crescent »

Beauty pop! I just love it
jvez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jvez.html
Latest Review: The Providence of Fortune by T. K. Love

Post by jvez »

I think my favorite mangas are all well known. I have always been a huge fan of Full Metal Alchemist. Both the manga and the Brotherhood anime. I used to love the Big 3 as well during the earlier chapters. For shoujo manga, I like Last Game and Hana to Akuma. I think these two are also popular titles?

I also enjoyed Beauty Pop as mentioned by someone else above.
HindiKaMahal113

Post by HindiKaMahal113 »

My favorite Manga is Naruto HAHAH but I also read other manga, like ao haru ride, kaichu wa maid-sama, one piece, SAO and many moreee HAHHA๐Ÿ˜‚
faceadventure
Currently Reading: Randy Love...at your service
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faceadventure.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by faceadventure »

I feel like the manga Bakuman is not well known or talked about but it's one of my favourites. It's a manga about two young guys trying to become mangakas. A manga about a manga funny I know :lol2: But the story is wery deep and goes into the creative process and motivation behind a mangaka as well as all the hard work required to succeed in such an industry. The characters are really relatable to struggling young artists. The panels are beautiful and the story is very easy to follow 10/10 would recommend for people who are curious about the whole manga creating process.
Jessicawriteread
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessicawriteread.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Jessicawriteread »

faceadventure wrote: โ†‘11 May 2018, 09:43 I feel like the manga Bakuman is not well known or talked about but it's one of my favourites. It's a manga about two young guys trying to become mangakas. A manga about a manga funny I know :lol2: But the story is wery deep and goes into the creative process and motivation behind a mangaka as well as all the hard work required to succeed in such an industry. The characters are really relatable to struggling young artists. The panels are beautiful and the story is very easy to follow 10/10 would recommend for people who are curious about the whole manga creating process.
Totally agree! However, I prefer the anime version because I love hearing their voices.
PlanetHauth
Currently Reading: Celebrity
Bookshelf Size: 766
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-planethauth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by PlanetHauth »

I don't really know anything that's not well-known, but I love Sailor Moon, Fushigi Yuugi, Fruits Basket, Keijo, Seven Deadly Sins, Elfen Lied, X/1999, XXXholic, WISH, and Chobits. These are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. It's been a while since I've read manga. I used to almost exclusively read them in middle and high school, and have picked it back up a little lately.
โ€œDonโ€™t adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.โ€
-Bilbo Baggins
Jillpillbooknerd
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 1908
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jillpillbooknerd.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Jillpillbooknerd »

I just recently go into Manga and went through most of what my library had in stock (which wasn't much, unfortunately). I really liked Blue Exorcist, Orange, Card Captor, A Silent Voice (so good), Sweetness and Lightning (one of my favorites!), and A Centaur's Life
PegR
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by PegR »

Skip Beat and Special A!! I see no reason why people dont know them. hahaha I love how both have strong female characters and the leading guys are complete partners in crime! This dynamic is my favorite in any manga. Please give them a change! You'll love them.
Czarina Grace
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-czarina-grace.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Czarina Grace »

Vampire Juujikai (The Record of a Fallen Vampire) by Kyo Shirodaira and Yuri Kimura. An old piece from 2009 and not really that popular but remains my all time favorite for the past 10 years. I've recommended it to a lot of friends but not everybody appreciates a slow paced plot that unravels secret over secret with each flip of the chapter. Romance and sci-fi genre is also a bonus. Also has moral concepts up for philosophical debates. A 4 over 4 star rating in my opinion.

Return to โ€œNEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Booksโ€