What comic, graphic novel, or manga have you read recently?

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Geist39
Favorite Book: The Soul Thief
Currently Reading: Spells & Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geist39.html
Latest Review: Korian by Giorgio Garofalo

Re: What comic, graphic novel, or manga have you read recently?

Post by Geist39 »

In the past, I often read manga and mostly action or shounen like Naruto, Kimetsu no Yaiba and Golden Kamui. But I stop since there are many erotic manga. It is to much for the eyes. Now I often read korean webtoon or manhwa that only focus on reincarnation. This reincarnation genre becoming mainstream right now and plus with historical fantasy romance genre. I like korean manhwa since the graphic of the characters are detail and specific also the important are it's in colourful graphic art.
***I don't read books to get smart I read to escape reality**●~●***
writestuff
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writestuff.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by writestuff »

Attack on Titan. The name doesn't give away much and its not what you expect. I started watching the anime but it develops too slowly. The cliffhanger was just to great and I just had to know.
habsfan212
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-habsfan212.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by habsfan212 »

I have juste finished reading all the Dragon ball again for like the 10th time. So much good memories. Clearly the best manga ever for me.
Tavaiel26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tavaiel26.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Tavaiel26 »

Recently I finished reading Daredevil, the man without fear! (2010), which compiles the first five chapters of Matt Murdock's story in a neatly packaged, very well written and drawn origin story. Thoroughly recommend it for those interested in the character.

I've also picked up the Claymore manga at the local library. I forgot how good this series was.
PRECIOUSreads
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-preciousreads.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by PRECIOUSreads »

Been interested in Boruto: Naruto next generations. Trying to keep up with my favorite shinobi even though the story is about their kids
PRECIOUSreads :techie-studyingbrown:
Bloodhound6
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Bloodhound6 »

I just finished a manga series called “ that blue sky feeling” and it’s really good.
Zekedakid816

Post by Zekedakid816 »

I just finished reading Infamous Ironman. This has a great reversal of roles with Victor Von Doom becoming Iron man. This is not full of over the top action, there are plenty of books for that. This was more character-driven, and more about storytelling. For my fellow film buffs, think more Carlito's Way than Scarface.
Kagurazaka

Post by Kagurazaka »

I've also started reading one peice. I've so far behind though(Ch.125) it's so amazing!! I really enjoy Case Clased, Spy x Family, and Welcome to the ballroom
P Linnaeus

Post by P Linnaeus »

The Demonhuntress. This is a new one and I like romantic gothic stories, sort of like the Phantom of the Opera.
P Linnaeus

Post by P Linnaeus »

Been reading Corto Maltese, which is now available in English. Also The Demonhuntress.
Great if you like classic adventure tales, drawn in the traditional way, without excess computerized graphics.
Coud
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-coud.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by Coud »

Recently I've been reading ganz for the second time and I'm getting it more so is a Manga that you definitely have to pay attention to
Doodle98
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doodle98.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by Doodle98 »

Monstress by Marjorie M. Liu and Sana Takeda is not only a really compelling fantasy/steampunk story with influences from Asian culture but also one of the most beautifully drawn graphic novels I've ever read. You know how sometimes you look at the cover of a comic and it's this really pretty painting but you know the rest of the comic won't be that detailed? This is not that kind of graphic novel--ever page is gorgeous.
ava_21
Currently Reading: Jane Eyre
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by ava_21 »

I just picked up a single issue of Pearl, and the illustrations and colors were beautiful. I was really intrigued, and the plot seems very intense. I have not read much, but hopefully I will read more of it soon.
Mimilexa

Post by Mimilexa »

I have finished reading a manga entitled Spicy Wife. It's really great
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

I'm following the Boku no Hero Academia series by Kōhei Horikoshi, both manga and anime. The deuteragonist's personality is quite interesting and refreshing, unlike the classic heroes you have known. The supporting characters also have their own screen time, not just some NPC.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”