Review of The Story of Super Wealth

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rashad Deniro Price
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashad-deniro-price.html
Latest Review: The Keepers by HYFY dmm

Review of The Story of Super Wealth

Post by Rashad Deniro Price »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Story of Super Wealth" by Andrew Stevenson.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The rich and the mighty have always been in the business of manipulating societal and institutional instruments to satisfy their cravings and those of their cliques. And for centuries, they seem to have always gotten away with these and, given their notorious evasiveness, successfully stopped or undermined attempts at revolutionary change. The irony is that even some of the poor masses have, whether intentionally or by ignorance, helped them maintain their grips. In his book, The Story of Super Wealth, Andrew Stevenson discusses the issue of economic inequality, pointing out the breeding factors and the course of action to effect positive, popular-oriented changes.

This discourse is divided into two sections. The first section covers sixty rules that the wealthy and powerful employ to remain on top of economic games—of course to the sabotage of public interests. The second section presents twenty countermeasures to these greedy, exploitative ideologies and practices. I think both aspects were comprehensively explored. Speaking about the first section, the discourse delves deep into such issues as tax evasion, the instigation of wars for economic interests, the suppression of media and objective commentaries, and wielding political powers to advance ulterior motives, among others. The countermeasures included, but were not limited to, restoring democracy to its functional form of addressing public well-being and legalizing the gig economy.

I admired the simplicity of the discourse. Despite the weighty nature of the issues being discussed, the author still found a way to make the reading lively through some elements of humor. I especially liked the way the book started; the story of the king and his clique perfectly fits into what followed and further emphasizes the need to take redeeming actions. It's incredibly fascinating that each point is very concise yet thought-provoking. I was impressed to read so much in so few words! The text was thoroughly proofread.

I didn't dislike anything in this book. Given the insightful and memorable discussions, I rate The Story of Super Wealth 5 out of 5 stars. The issues explored in this book are relevant to the global economy and governance, so this book should appeal to those interested in such topics.

The Story of Super Wealth
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”