Horror manga

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Athena Moon
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3217">The Lovely Bones</a>
Currently Reading: The Piketty Problem
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-athena-moon.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
fav_author_id: 2451

Horror manga

Post by Athena Moon »

I have only read few mangas by far, but the ones I loved the most were with the plot of horror, cruelty and murder. The first ever was Bizenghast. Then I moved on to Vampire Hunter D, Van Hellsing series. Finished Kami-sama no Iu Toori, As The God's Will is a Japanese manga series written by Muneyuki Kaneshiro. And nearly ending Attack on Titans.

I would like to ask for your recommendations for some terrific horror mangas to keep me awake at nights:)
Gibson Crew
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Gibson Crew »

Hmmm Vampire Hunter D , i loved reading that book ,the name of the book reflects me in some ways tho :tiphat: :techie-studyinggray: .
Sorry if I'm off topic but could you recommend me some horror books , about creepy stuff and things with a lot of mystery , spooky and classy i'm very interestedin those books which steals your mind from reality , and brings you in a complete othere world , grey , cloudy and cold background within a big house , dark and warm :techie-studyinggray: .
No pokemon books please :D
IanYanny
Currently Reading: The Lovely Bones
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ianyanny.html
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo

Post by IanYanny »

I don't really know any other horror manga. But if you are in any way interested in short comic strips you can check Silent Horror on webtoons.
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo
Star88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star88.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Star88 »

I would recommend reading Tokyo Ghoul. It is graphic and dark, if that is what you are looking for. A couple of lesser known ones that I enjoyed are Godchild and Ghost Hunt. Those aren't as graphic as Tokyo Ghoul, but they have more of the horror-mystery elements in them.
Carol Cisne
Currently Reading: Natsume's Book of Friends, Vol. 12
Bookshelf Size: 1072
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carol-cisne.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Carol Cisne »

I have a few horror manga series I can recommend. They might be a bit old but the stories are still creepy so I hope that doesn't deter you from taking a look!

Junji Ito is a mangaka that specializes in horror. Anything by him is sure to be what you're looking for. Some of his popular works are Uzumaki and Gyo.

Blood+ is similar to Hellsing and Vampire Hunter D so you might like that as well.

I think you would like Monster too.

Then there's always Bezerk and Dorohedoro. If you want horror, cruelty and murder there you go. Bezerk is right up your alley.

On another note, when looking up Kamisama no Iutoori I noticed there is a sequel and prequel, so that might be good news if you didn't know already.

I guess other horror related to Kamisama no Iutoori would be Death Note, Deadman Wonderland, and Battle Royale.

Aijin is a newer manga, I haven't picked it up yet but it's on my reading list. It's still being published (about 50 chapters so far) so I don't know how long they plan to make it.

I haven't read it but D. Gray-Man seems like it would fit what you're looking for too.

Hope this helps~
(and just in time for the spookiest month)
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
BelindaC
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-belindac.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by BelindaC »

A rather bizarre one that I love is the Drifting Classroom series. It's about a group of students who go to class one day only to experience an earthquake which transports them to a strange future wasteland full of monstrous creatures and other phenomena where they must fight to survive.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Salman Waheed
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Salman Waheed »

I would like to suggest you to read a nineteenth century, Irish author "Abraham Stoker." Believe you me nothing beats his "Dracula."
Jasel Anne
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Jasel Anne »

My first horror manga that I read is death note..
HermitReviewer
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by HermitReviewer »

Anything by Junji Ito
inaramid
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inaramid.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by inaramid »

I think someone mentioned this already, but I'd just like to repeat for emphasis: Blood+. If you ever thought vampires are sexy, this story will forever change your perspective, just as it did for me.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”