Grave Surprise by Charlaine Harris

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BookTraveller
Currently Reading: Pawn of Prophecy
Bookshelf Size: 281
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booktraveller.html
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Grave Surprise by Charlaine Harris

Post by BookTraveller »

My Rating: 5 Stars

Fantastic story! Just wow! I'm a fan of Ms Charlaine Harris' work and read all the True Blood books but this took a completely different turn, a very good one!

The story is about Harper, a young women that is hit by lightning and, as a consequence, develops a peculiar ability: when in contact with a dead body she can see their final moments and how they died. In second volume of this series, Harper finds two bodies in a grave and together with her best friend, Tolliver, they set out to find the killer that as been free for far too long.

I'll start by saying that I really liked the drawings of this graphic novel. I think the colours and the style really match the story and the characters. Secondly, the story line is very good. In the beginning, as more characters are introduced to the plot, I had no idea who the killer was. I still managed to figure out who it was before the end though, the clues are all there. Still, the end brings all the lose ends together.

I really liked Harper, she's a tough character with a hot temper and she struggles to deal with her gift and the things she sees. I also liked the chemistry between her and Tolliver, because even though they are almost like brother and sister, Harper's feelings are not that pure and it's difficult to see if Tolliver feels the same or not.

Definitely recommend this graphic novel to the fans of Charlaine Harris and of the supernatural genre. Can't wait for the third volume!

This review was originally published on NetGalley.
Bluecobia
Currently Reading: Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluecobia.html
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert

Post by Bluecobia »

I have not seen the graphic novel. I have read several of the books about Harper and her brother. I enjoyed them very much.
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert
Gingerbo0ks
Currently Reading: All the Crooked Saints
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gingerbo0ks.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

I had no idea these were graphic novels, I've just read the normal books. Really enjoyed this series, amazing author too, she writes a good mystery.
"One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Whippet
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whippet.html
Latest Review: "Bleeding Gull - look, feel, fly" by Raed Anis Aljishi

Post by Whippet »

Glad I found this - sounds like a very unique concept and so cool that it's been explored in this format! You sound enamoured of the work so definitely I'll keep an eye out for this graphic novel.
Latest Review: "Bleeding Gull - look, feel, fly" by Raed Anis Aljishi
P0tt3ry
Favorite Book: The Dresden Files
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p0tt3ry.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by P0tt3ry »

I really like her writing and editing. Thank you for letting me know about the graphic novel so I can add yet another "must read" to the waiting mountain of books.
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

I'm gonna have to add this book to my reading list.
Laura Del
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-del.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Laura Del »

I love Charlaine Harris, so I am all for having a graphic novel by her. I'm excited to read this.
"Write drunk, edit sober."~Ernest Hemingway
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

This story reminds me of 18 Seconds by George Shuman. It features similar elements of being able to see how a victim died. I highly recommend it, its probably darker than this graphic novel but the trait of psychic crime solving is exciting. I will have to check out this graphic novel, I own the True Blood series and I enjoy her writing.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”