- Posts: 21
- Joined: 24 Jan 2017, 09:37
- 2017 Reading Goal: 150
- Currently Reading: Pawn of Prophecy
- Bookshelf Size: 289
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booktraveller.html
- Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE
I thought it was impossible to like the second volume more than I did the first one, but apparently it is possible! Terrific art combined with a great adventure story and a lot of old fashioned codes and riddles. Absolutely perfect!
Lady Mechanika’s journey starts when a stranger knocks at her door. A daring adventure: to find an old weapon in the heart of Africa while trying to be one step ahead of the secret societies that would love to get their hands on the artefact. But things never run smoothly for the Lady and when she is confronted with a life threatening choice, what will she choose?
First of all, the artwork is breathtaking. Even though the story takes place outside the city designed in the first volume, Steampunk is still very much present and still as beautiful as before. Furthermore, the supernatural is also still present and for me it was even more detailed than in the first volume
The storyline was very nice to read even though I was a bit disappointed not to see a direct connection to the first graphic novel. I would have enjoyed seeing the development of Lady Mechanika’s search for her maker. Even so, I loved every minute of this reading and I was addicted to it until the very end.
I can’t wait to see what surprises the next volume will bring!
This review was originally published on NetGalley.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 26 May 2018, 18:45
- Bookshelf Size: 0
- Posts: 257
- Joined: 18 Sep 2018, 22:41
- Currently Reading: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace
- Bookshelf Size: 36
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
- Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher