Hunter X Hunter by Togashi (spoilers)

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Storygamer88
Currently Reading: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 365
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-storygamer88.html
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Hunter X Hunter by Togashi (spoilers)

Post by Storygamer88 »

Anyone read this and a fan too? Its a very popular anime and manga series, and for anime, it and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood are generally regarded as the two best Shonen titles with some very mature, deep themes and ideas/plots.

Its my favorite manga/anime series overall, and I'm excited for its return next week in the weekly manga magazine Shonen Jump. My favorite character is either Hisoka or Killua, but I love lots of the characters and plotlines.
Hi all. I like board games, card games, video games, books (especially children's books and mysteries), stories, cartoons, anime, manga, light novels, animation, and other light-hearted, fun things. Feel free to message if you want to chat!
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
Sin24
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sin24.html
Latest Review: "Marrying a Playboy Billionaire" by H M Irwing

Post by Sin24 »

I absolutely love this manga / anime it's one of my all time favourites and I am so happy that it's back. I am waiting until they release a few more series, then afterwards I can sit back relax and fully immerse myself into this work of art.

-- 28 Jul 2017, 00:12 --

I absolutely love this manga / anime it's one of my all time favourites and I am so happy that it's back. I am waiting until they release a few more series, then afterwards I can sit back relax and fully immerse myself into this work of art.
Latest Review: "Marrying a Playboy Billionaire" by H M Irwing
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

I am a fan of manga, haven't read this one yet. I might just look into it.
inaramid
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inaramid.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by inaramid »

I have followed the anime series since it was first released in 1999, and then when it was rebooted in 2011. I have also picked up the story by reading the manga, right at the point where the anime ended. I think it's a very good story overall, but the Chimera Ant arc really lost me. Things did get dark pretty quickly - and suddenly - in there, and from news releases, it seemed like it was related to the physical condition of the author at that period. It took me a lot of convincing to rewatch and finally read the series, but when I did, I started to appreciate the value of the plot and structure that the author had laid out. The manga is a must-read for fans of RPG and fantasy.
Michael Davids daudi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Michael Davids daudi »

Dope stuff
GabbiV
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces you have to read before you die, vol 2
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabbiv.html
Latest Review: Of Illusions and Ink Spills by Divya Hirani
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by GabbiV »

My only gripe about getting drawn to Hunter x Hunter is the seemingly endless hiatus. I feel like since the mangaka was ill, he should have put it off indefinitely so he could recover completely, rather than eke out a could chapters every couple of months.
jvez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jvez.html
Latest Review: The Providence of Fortune by T. K. Love

Post by jvez »

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood is one of my favorite anime of all time :) Hunter X Hunter is also good. My only problem with Hunter is that the author tends to take a lot of long breaks. I understand the author has his own personal issues, but it's really difficult to wait long for next chapters. I'm glad the manga is back again though.

And Killua is also my absolute fave. For FMA, I love Mustang.
Tavaiel26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tavaiel26.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Tavaiel26 »

I read HxH up to the beginning of the Ants Arc. I love the cleverness of the author, and the ease with which he just disposed of the last system just to make up with another one out of thin air and just roll with it (and do it successfully!)

I'm still debating myself whether to keep reading that part or watch the anime, as that part (at least the beginning) looks soooo sketchy.
PRECIOUSreads
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-preciousreads.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by PRECIOUSreads »

I absolutely love the anime and manga for this...
PRECIOUSreads :techie-studyingbrown:
TasyLaurel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by TasyLaurel »

I watched the 2011 anime fairly recently and was absolutely BLOWN AWAY! It is such an amazing title! I've watched a lot of anime in the past 10 years and somehow failed to ever hear about Hunter X Hunter until my brother brought it up. Honestly, the show deserves so much more hype and its so sad to think of how slowly the series is progressing and that it might never be completed. The manga/anime has so much potential that has been stifled due to its loss of momentum and lack of content.
Dushu Guan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Dushu Guan »

I have not read the manga, but the anime was great. The ending concept is confusing though. (Spoiler) Even after watching it twice, still couldn't comprehend why Gon's father abandons and hides from him. Seemed like such an irresponsible father.
Blank18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Blank18 »

I have not read the manga but the anime is great it has a lot of adventure in it but i think they take to long to get to their objective which causes the watcher to start losing interest in the anime
Last edited by Blank18 on 01 Dec 2020, 08:00, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”