One Piece (Manga)

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
The Irmuun
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: One Piece (Manga)

Post by The Irmuun »

i used to like read it. But Now i think it's endless ...t
stoppoppingtheP
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Adriana Trigiani
Favorite Book: The Hand of Fatima
Currently Reading: High Low In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stoppoppingthep.html
Latest Review: If I Only Knew by Kim Simmons
fav_author_id: 8071

Post by stoppoppingtheP »

It's not the best, but it was one of my first Mangas and I enjoyed reading it.

“there have been so many times
i have seen a man wanting to weep
but
instead
beat his heart until it was unconscious.

-masculine”

― Nayyirah Waheed
Arrigo_Lupori
Favorite Author: Haruki Murakami
Currently Reading: A Short History of Nearly Everything
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrigo-lupori.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2566

Post by Arrigo_Lupori »

It was fun until it went on for too long.. There's no way I'll ever finish it.
"The abstract sensation of living a lifestyle that hasn't been fully understood."
- The epitome of taste in living disgrace.
GabbiV
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces you have to read before you die, vol 2
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabbiv.html
Latest Review: Of Illusions and Ink Spills by Divya Hirani
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by GabbiV »

I've probably read and reread One Piece five times, and each time I find myself laughing and crying with the characters. Oda found an amazing story formula and stuck too it. I dropped off at the 700 chapter mark though because I can't really stand week to week updates. Once it's complete though, I'll probably become a hermit for a few days to read it in its entirety.
Fatima_Palacios
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 197
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatima-palacios.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Fatima_Palacios »

Sin24 wrote: 05 Aug 2017, 06:14
Czarmaine AM wrote:That's interesting. Would love to see Sanji and Zoro fighting in the Coliseum too!

Anyway, I hope the ongoing arc wouldn't be too dragging as this. I don't know if it's just me but I think the drawings in recent anime episodes aren't as good as before. Nonetheless, would still watch and support OP until they reach the last island <3
I think one piece is an amazing, however, the recent illustrations or quite sloppy. The character whose development I am really looking forward to is that of Zoro ( the unofficial vice captains of the straw hats), I think Luffy treats him a bit differently ( have a bit more respect for him) than any one else
They are, it makes me sad because it seems like it was done in a rush, the story as usual is still intriguing and I understand the need to separate the crew but I'm hoping we get more development for the rest of the characters
Bookcool123
Currently Reading: The Relik
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookcool123.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Bookcool123 »

I love One Piece but I don't read the manga version. I watch the moving anime version. Its better that way. I am now at the latest episode where Luffy infiltrate Big Mom's stronghold to bring back Sanji.
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

I grew up watching one-piece and I can't believe that I still watch it today. It will always be my favorite anime as it carries a lot of childhood nostalgia.
rubinelli
Currently Reading: Fangirl
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rubinelli.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by rubinelli »

It was originally hard for me to get into One Piece mostly because of the length of both the show and the manga. When I first started, the anime was up to 500 episodes. It took me 3 years to catch up to the manga and I've stayed caught up ever since. I love the show and all the characters, even minor characters like Jimbe and Bartelomeo! The series is fun and silly but is still able to make me cry. The raw emotion that this show elicits from me is what makes me stay. It's such a shame that the length of the show is the main obstacle preventing people from experiencing One Piece.
rubinelli

Post by rubinelli »

Czarmaine AM wrote: 05 Jun 2017, 21:55
Storygamer88 wrote:Big One Piece fan since childhood and reread and re watched a few times too, skipping some fillers. It's not perfect, but it's still very good and enjoyable on many fronts, and it's got a lot of clever foreshadowing and unique arcs.
I also skipped some filler episodes! What is your favorite story arc? Mine is the one in Dress Rosa! Loved how Luffy's crew grew overtime!
Dress Rosa was such a long arc, that it was hard for me to really enjoy it. There were some amazing moments like...

_________Spoilers Ahead!!!__________

...Luffy's new powerup and "God Usopp"

My favorite arc has to be Impel Down. Even though the rest of the crew wasn't with Luffy during this arc, I still thoroughly enjoyed it. I loved the new characters like Boa Hancock and Emporio Invankov. I also enjoyed seeing old character like Crocodile and Trafalgar Law reappear. The ending of this arc took me completely by surprise and hit me hard with the feels. Luffy's development in this arc was so well-crafted, and it just felt real. His desperation at the beginning, his determination, his terror, his heartbreak, and his acceptance at the end; there was a lot of emotion and development packed into this arc. I never really felt like I was able to relate to Luffy before this arc, and I ended up appreciating him so much more later on.

So yeah. Impel Down up until the time skip was definitely my favorite arc.
Nisha Ward
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

Is it generally agreed that Dressrosa was a long, dragged out arc? I thought so as well and it almost made me stop reading. If it wasn't for Luffy's new power and Law's story, I might not have gone on. That being said, it's one of my favourite mangas. It starts off like the usual and then there's just so much heart to it that it keeps you reading. Impel Down and Marineford were definitely my favourite arcs, though. I'm still not over Ace's death.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.
rubinelli

Post by rubinelli »

I love One Piece! It is such a good manga/anime! The characters are amazing, the plot drags out but is plenty entertaining, and the settings are outrageously amusing and unbelievably creative! I have such a hard time finding fame of One Piece, especially people who are caught up. I try to get my friends to watch or read it but nearly all of them are intimidated by the length before they even try it. It's such a shame. I will be fair though, One Piece is long, and some arcs are dragged out way too much. I stopped watching when the Strawhats arrived on Zou and started reading from that point on. I got annoyed with the 5 minute OP and recap and the dragged out exposition/narration. Reading it has been much more enjoyable. The amount of detail that goes into every frame is insane! Oda's dedication towards One Piece is truly admirable.
writestuff
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writestuff.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by writestuff »

First manga I ever read! I just loved Luffy and his powers. So weird to watch the anime as well but love it.
Coud
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-coud.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by Coud »

I've read almost all of it, I think I'm missing like 70 chapters since I stopped reading a while ago but I'm planning on returning
DeyaMor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deyamor.html
Latest Review: Operation Olive Tree by Jemil Metti

Post by DeyaMor »

I love One Piece! I've been a fan for a few years now. I actually started reading the manga after Whole Cake Island Arc. I'm more caught up in the manga than the anime (Chapter 276, Wano Arc). I feel that the anime drags the story too long at times and I just skipped the filler arcs. My favorite arcs are between Dressrosa/Punk Hazard, Impel Down, and Marineford. My favorite characters (other than the crew which are all my favorites) are Law, Crocodile, Ace and Sabo etc etc hehe.
JeanyJean
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeanyjean.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by JeanyJean »

I love the review
This sounds like a must read book. However, the element of dragging some stories can make it quite discouraging. Thank you.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”