Bleach

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
GLUELINE
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glueline.html

Bleach

Post by GLUELINE »

This one of my absolute favorite mangas ever! It has a main character that you can't help but like and admire. You also have bad guys that you'd happily feed to hollows (this series verison of monsters). But to top it all off you have action and comedy put togethe in a way that you can't help but get sucked in by.
DancingSouls
Currently Reading: The Cult Next Door
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dancingsouls.html

Post by DancingSouls »

I never read the manga for Bleach, at least not thoroughly, I'm sure I read the first few chapters but mainly watched the anime. I really enjoyed Bleach's first two seasons or arcs but after the soul society and rescuing Rukia I gradually lost interest. I think Bleach has a lot of great qualities, but the most lacking quality it has is character development (one of the most important elements to me). Bleach does have great action and uniquely designed characters. I respect Bleach quite a lot.
LMFranks
Currently Reading: HAiKYU!! 4
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lmfranks.html

Post by LMFranks »

I like the anime, but I also enjoyed the manga which is still ongoing. It goes more in-depth on what the villains are up to.
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I read the Bleach manga before and it was pretty good at the beginning. After Aizen was taken down, I lost interest with the series completely.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Storygamer88
Currently Reading: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 365
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-storygamer88.html
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Storygamer88 »

I like Soul Society but disliked almost every arc afterward, and I definitely think it should've stopped after Aizen was beat.
Hi all. I like board games, card games, video games, books (especially children's books and mysteries), stories, cartoons, anime, manga, light novels, animation, and other light-hearted, fun things. Feel free to message if you want to chat!
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

I watched the anime but i never read the manga. I think the manga is finished now but I am not sure if the ending is available right now
Storygamer88
Currently Reading: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 365
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-storygamer88.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Storygamer88 »

Jaime Lync wrote:I watched the anime but i never read the manga. I think the manga is finished now but I am not sure if the ending is available right now
It is available online at least but not sure if stores are stocking the final volumes yet. But it finished a while back, yes.
Hi all. I like board games, card games, video games, books (especially children's books and mysteries), stories, cartoons, anime, manga, light novels, animation, and other light-hearted, fun things. Feel free to message if you want to chat!
eelavahs-jay
Currently Reading: Island of the Gods
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eelavahs-jay.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by eelavahs-jay »

Oh god Bleach started out as my favorite manga then ended up being my most hated. The Soul Society Arc was the best thing that ever happened. Then HM happened and it just felt like somewhat of a rip-off SS arc with cool villains (and character designs). I managed to survive through it but then the Full bring Arc came around and Bleach became absolute trash. I refuse to speak of the final arc which was so horrible I'd delete my memory of it if I could. Bleach could've been great but it wasn't. It was a far cry from being even decent after Aizen was defeated.
Star88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star88.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Star88 »

The bleach manga was excellent in the beginning, but after a while, it became really dark. I also enjoyed the anime. The fights were really epic! I would have liked it better if one fight didn't span so many episodes. It got tiring after a while.
Musae
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-musae.html
Latest Review: That Place of Knowledge by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by Musae »

Love Bleach
Would love to watch more
Did not know it was in book format?
jvez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jvez.html
Latest Review: The Providence of Fortune by T. K. Love

Post by jvez »

I used to love Bleach a lot. But I must admit I got tired reading the manga when the plot became a bit repetitive. I'm also very disappointed in the ending. It just didn't answer anything. Too many loopholes. Still, I think the fond memories outweigh the disappointment. The anime / manga always brings me back to my childhood.
Itzkelly
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Itzkelly »

I agree, the ending didn’t answer anything and it’s pretty disappointing but I guess at least the fights were good. To be honest the anime was better then the manga version tho.
Nisha Ward
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

The manga suffered from a lot of the same thing that Naruto did in that it went on long past what you'd think was the mangaka's original intent. A lot of that could be attributed to Shonen Jump and their huge contracts, but I also think Kubo just got weirdly ambitious and tired all at once. The finale itself was just...bad. There's nothing wrong with an ending being anti-climactic, but there was no resolution to the soul king stuff at all.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.
rubinelli
Currently Reading: Fangirl
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rubinelli.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by rubinelli »

Bleach was one of the first anime that I ever watched, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The OPs were great. However, I think that it would have done better had it ended after the Arrancars and Aizen. Whatever happened with the soul king was chaotic and difficult for me to get through. I did enjoy the characters and the plot up to that point. Unohana, Kempachi, and Grimmjow were some of my favorite characters.
Inkroverts
Currently Reading: The Book Thief
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inkroverts.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Inkroverts »

I think the artist Tite Kubo is good at designing new characters and building worlds. But when it comes to storytelling, I don't think he did a good job. The beginning of the series is good maybe because he had the story in mind for a while now, so it was fleshed out and he knew what was going to happen at when, where, and whom.
But later it turned into a chore, and he was giving out very obvious fillers. I remember looking up the latest Bleach manga last year. A fight scene could last for 3-4 weeks (with weekly updates).

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”