Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 06 Oct 2016, 21:04
- Bookshelf Size: 0
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nrheaume.html
For older elementary school aged girls Smile is all the rage, and appropriately so! This coming of age graphic novel by Raina Telgemeier is a fun quick read with so much heart. Young girls can relate to the growing pains that the main character Raina is facing, such as getting braces, first crushes and losing friends (and making new ones). The artwork is amazing and the story is captivating. Even as an adult I couldn't put it down, I managed to read it about a half hour, and it was a half hour well spent. My younger self identified with the main character even many years later. So great!
Last edited by gali
on 06 Oct 2016, 21:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added author name
- Site Admin
- Posts: 28600
- Joined: 22 Oct 2013, 07:12
- 2018 Reading Goal: 100
- 2017 Reading Goal: 100
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 52
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 105
- Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
- Currently Reading: The Cat Who Blew the Whistle
- Bookshelf Size: 1797
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
- Reading Device: B00I15SB16
- fav_author_id: 2484
- Location: Lost in a good book
Please add the author name in the title next time.
I read the book and enjoyed it as well.
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 05 Jan 2017, 03:18
- Bookshelf Size: 5
I loved i! it was such a good read!
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 22 Dec 2016, 05:13
- 2017 Reading Goal: 30
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 50
- Currently Reading: The Tombs of Atuan
- Bookshelf Size: 20
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparkletime.html
- Latest Review: "The Protectors, The First Coming" by Jonathan Gregory Reed
It''s a great read and definitely something I'd say is not just for young girls but people of all ages.
- Posts: 118
- Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 12:18
- Currently Reading: Animal Farm
- Bookshelf Size: 12
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mewsmash.html
- Latest Review: "The Expelled" by Mois Benarroch
It sounds like a really good book! I love hearing that people can relate to characters even after they grow up and change.