Black Butler

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Star88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star88.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Re: Black Butler

Post by Star88 »

This was one of my first mangas! I used to read it avidly a few years back, but then it slowly went down my to-read list as Infou d other mangas. I would like to get caught up to it soon.
leelee22
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by leelee22 »

i absolutely loved reading this manga :tiphat: the book and the anime series is amazing😍 my favorite characters are Jack the Reaper and the Undertaker i totally love them😊
GabbiV
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces you have to read before you die, vol 2
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabbiv.html
Latest Review: Of Illusions and Ink Spills by Divya Hirani
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by GabbiV »

What initially drew me to the manga was the aesthetics, but I stayed for the charming characters. I was younger when I first got into it and now that I'm older I don't really approve of the shota aspects or any of the fanservice between the kids and their butlers.
Inkroverts
Currently Reading: The Book Thief
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inkroverts.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Inkroverts »

I only watched the anime of Black Butler, but I don't really like it much because I don't understand anything after Season 2. The Queen was a girl then suddenly an old lady... Suddenly Hannah (I had to look up Wiki to find her name) was the strongest demon. Everything was a blur. I'm sure the manga handles the story much better, but I haven't read it yet. Can anyone tell me if the manga explains things better, or is it still as vague as a fine art interpretation?
sschatzberg
Favorite Book: Before the Storm
Currently Reading: Twisted But True
Bookshelf Size: 46

Post by sschatzberg »

I've read the first 10 mangas and watched the first two seasons of Black Butler. I can never find the last 2 seasons. I think it is a good starter anime.
writestuff
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writestuff.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by writestuff »

I adore Bkack Butler..Tatum is perfect as his voice and Brina as Ciel is unreal. Now the manga and anime are quite different but both delicious. The first season was amazing, the second is confusing and then circus was awesome. Book of murder was rather clever and the movies were super enjoyable.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”