Fairy Tail (Manga) by Hiro Mashima

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Azeline Arcenal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zenalei7.html
Latest Review: Christmas in the Kingdom of Kool by Joan J. Harris

Re: Fairy Tail (Manga) by Hiro Mashima

Post by Azeline Arcenal »

I have watched the anime and I think I have read some of the manga. Fairy tail is definitely one of my most favorite animes. Sadly,because of school, I have not caught up on the anime but I'll probably try to catch up this summer.
“The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you.” - W. Somerset Maugham
raeryn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raeryn.html
Latest Review: The Prize by Geoffrey M Cooper

Post by raeryn »

Fairy Tail was one of the first animes I watched, and I think it was the first shounen. I basically went through middle school watching this, but I have to admit the fan service of this anime kind of turns me off.
ande-ny
Currently Reading: The Heir
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ande-ny.html
Reading Device: B01C5QLN7A

Post by ande-ny »

Nice to see a fellow Fairy Tail anime fan! Sadly I haven't gotten in to the manga it's quite a feat to read threw but most likely worth it. On another note I can greatly appreciate the anime adaptation and to the dismay of many. My favorite character is Lucy she comes off as really normal to me despite all the hatred towards her. In my eyes that makes her a relatable character I mean dealing with being alone majority of your child hood and facing major emotional family problems. Is much more easier to sympathize with than losing my dragon father. :lol:
Storygamer88
Currently Reading: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 365
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-storygamer88.html
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Storygamer88 »

I liked the beginning parts much more, but there are some really asspully moments later that hurt the experience for me, and some characters do stupid things like Gray and Natsu fighting in the middle of their mission to beat Zeref that annoyed me sooooo much.
Hi all. I like board games, card games, video games, books (especially children's books and mysteries), stories, cartoons, anime, manga, light novels, animation, and other light-hearted, fun things. Feel free to message if you want to chat!
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
eelavahs-jay
Currently Reading: Island of the Gods
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eelavahs-jay.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by eelavahs-jay »

Storygamer88 wrote:I liked the beginning parts much more, but there are some really asspully moments later that hurt the experience for me, and some characters do stupid things like Gray and Natsu fighting in the middle of their mission to beat Zeref that annoyed me sooooo much.
I'm with you on all of that. I really liked Erza's chapter but let's not ignore the fact that she is the ultimate ex machina. The fanservice killed me, it took precedence over the plot and like you said there were several asspulls. Honesty I really got sick of "The Power of Friendship" always saying the damn day. There were so many plot holes at the end of the manga. I was never fan of FT per se but I found the earlier arcs to be better paced and written.
any451363
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by any451363 »

I was so into the manga because I really liked the anime. The manga itself caught my attention as on how much the author improved his drawing during the years. But as he improved that part of the manga, the plot really went down. There were many plot holes that really needed to be filled. Too many questions were left without any answers and even if I didn't want anyone to dye, it is absurd no to kill any character that was not evil. Everytime there was a glance of a possible death, I wasn't even worried, I just knew he wasn't killing anyone. Kind of needed that.
Abel Joshua
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Abel Joshua »

Talking about fairy tail is a manga get the whole genres in one pack,i love fairy tail I have read the manga, what make me love this manga is power of friendship,straight of believing oneself and the funny part is stupid fight that occur frequently between gray and nasty, always gray and Julia the two love birds.
Michael Davids daudi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Michael Davids daudi »

My son and I enjoyed
inaramid
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inaramid.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by inaramid »

I agree with the fanservice being so annoying that it made me lose any interest in the characters. I do care about Happy, though. I love that cat--er-Exceed.
jvez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jvez.html
Latest Review: The Providence of Fortune by T. K. Love

Post by jvez »

Ft had very good plot premise. I liked the first few chapters / episodes in the anime. But I agree to some posts that it had too much fan service in the end. The gag of showing the girls, often Lucy, in compromising situations became too stale, and it was no longer funny in the long run.
Jessicawriteread
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessicawriteread.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Jessicawriteread »

I love Fairytail! Although, it left a bitter taste in my mouth when Lisanna was suddenly in the way. I'm a NaLu fan see and I don't like returning exes. :snooty: But aside from that this shounen anime is a great watch, I'm still at ep. 67 of the 2014 release.
faceadventure
Currently Reading: Randy Love...at your service
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faceadventure.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by faceadventure »

I love Fairy Tail so much! Both the manga and anime. I fell in love with the story, setting and characters on the first chapter. Hiro Mashima has such a beautiful drawing style. The manga is so stunning and detailed. But the details are not over the top and that makes the manga easy to read. Some mangas, like for example One Piece have sometimes confusing panels but I never came across that problem in Fairy Tail. However, I should catch up to the story. I stopped reading it like one year ago.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”