Review of Linda Gets Her Groove Thing

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 518
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: Supercharge Your Production with 5 Time Management Hacks by Lucy Ledet

Review of Linda Gets Her Groove Thing

Post by Mutai Marshal »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Linda Gets Her Groove Thing" by J.D. Frettier.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Linda White finds herself in a pickle when she receives a different package from what she ordered. While on hold to clear with the shipping company the mix-up, she suddenly collapses. Linda White wakes up to find herself naked and in a green room. Here, she meets Bonnie and Dee, who quickly become her besties. They help her settle into the afterlife and take back control of her life.

Linda White is a flight attendant preparing for the trip to Paris. She is not excited because it is not a vacation but a work-related one. Her only hope of enjoyment is from the package of a toy she ordered online. However, upon receiving it, her dreams come crashing when she sees the contents. It is the complete opposite of what she ordered. Instead of pleasure, the toy would be a "complete pain in the ass," according to her. Just as she is done giving the company a piece of her mind, she collapses. In the afterlife, she gets the chance to settle scores with her cheating husband, who had broken her while they were both alive. She also has an opportunity to sculpt her body to "perfection." She gladly takes these opportunities and rides the waves. Will she be able to find closure in the afterlife? Will she finally live the life she'd missed while living? What will this second chance bring her way? You'll have to read this book to find out.

What I loved most about this book was the witty tone of the author. JD Frettier has a fun and bubbly writing style. In this romantic comedy, she allows us to imagine what the afterlife may look like. Even though her idea is far-fetched, in my opinion, it is a positive probability. Don't we all wish we possessed the ability to control our narratives? This spicy romantic comedy will keep you turning the pages. I read this book in one sitting; this could be attributed to its short length. However, I would infer that the fun writing style got me glued till the end.

What I did not like in the book was the unnecessary inclusion of too much erotic content. I would have fully enjoyed reading this book if the author had moderated this. For instance, I found the actions of the "sculpting doctor" unnecessary and uncalled for. There are better ways to show appreciation for his "remarkable pieces of work" than the unwarranted fondling. I was a little offended.

I rate Linda Gets Her Groove Thing 3 out of 4 stars . I deducted a point due to the stated reason. If the author kept erotic content moderate, it would have had a perfect score. Unfortunately, I felt obligated to deduct the point.

I did not find any errors in the 85 pages that I read. This book was exceptionally edited. I recommend this book to lovers of romance novels with a hint of comedy. They will enjoy this tale about a jilted lover and the steps she takes to exert her revenge. This book is only appropriate for adults due to the explicit erotic content involved.

Linda Gets Her Groove Thing
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”