Official Review: Rebirth of the Gangster Act 3

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JKO
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jko.html
Latest Review: 7 Ways To Manage Pain With CBD by David Anthony Schroeder

Official Review: Rebirth of the Gangster Act 3

Post by JKO »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Rebirth of the Gangster Act 3" by CJ Standal.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“Sometimes, finding answers can come at great cost and may not be worth it.” In Rebirth of The Gangster Act 3: A Family Affair, by CJ Standal, the real truth about the whole saga between the Anderson and Thompson families slowly comes to light as several confrontations are made. However, Marcus Thompson’s findings on his family’s affairs before he was born leads to more secrets, but this time, only one living privy.

As Detective Sanchez goes further in her investigation into the murders of Lex and Chavez, she stumbles on an old picture, and she questions Marcus about it. Although Marcus doesn’t know the relationship his father had with the men posing with his father in the picture, he starts digging into the truth. As the truth about the events of the past slowly comes to light, Marcus has a lot of questions for his parents, Curtis and Andrea Thompson. It turns out that the foundation of the Thompson family is built on lies, secrets, and blood. On the other hand, the sons of the other two men in that picture are planning revenge on the Thompson family, but they must get the detective off their backs before going on with their plan. However, in a shocking turn of events, another unlikely body turns up at the Thompson residence in the most bizarre circumstance.

When I finished reading the second book of the series, I was eager to read this one, and I am glad that it didn’t disappoint. While reading this book, I found myself flipping each page very quickly as soon as I finished reading them. This was because the author picked up from where he left off in book two and kept me invested in the story by employing a sufficient dose of suspense. I cannot stress how important it is for every story to have some degree of suspense that keeps readers guessing throughout the story. In addition to the suspense, I was pleased that the author ended the story in a very unpredictable way. While I read the end of the novel, I noticed that I had my mouth open, contemplating what I was seeing.

The plot of this story was also spot on. I found the sequence of events to be very easy to follow and well-structured like it was in the previous book. Also, the characters really came to life, thanks to the marvelous piece of artwork by Juan Romera. Each character was clearly unique and distinguishable, and I didn’t have any confusion as to who was speaking at any time. Juan Romera’s artworks and character representations were also very refreshing to see. I must say that although the end of the story was satisfactory, there is still room for another book in the series, as there are still some unanswered questions that I am eager to find answers to.

Furthermore, I didn’t find any errors throughout the text, which leads me to believe that this novel was professionally edited. However, there were a few instances of minor profanity. All in all, this comic book was well-written, and there was nothing to dislike about this read. I, therefore, rate Rebirth of The Gangster Act 3: A Family Affair 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to people who are interested in action and crime stories.

Rebirth of the Gangster Act 3
View: on Bookshelves
Sunny097
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sunny097 »

In my opinion this was one of the interesting books I have read and was exciting to read!
Kanda_theGreat
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanda-thegreat.html
Latest Review: Born To Survive by Kylie-Anne Evans

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

I love your descriptive summary. It is actually after reading it, that I decided to check this book out.
Good job!
Bet on Me! :idea:
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

I've recently developed a taste for crime novels. And I love the chase for the bad guy and the unpredictable events, which are both evidently present in this book. Thanks for the great review
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Sophie Letau
Currently Reading:

Post by Sophie Letau »

Intriguing that gangster life can actually in a way influence children born into it to actually consider to continue the legacy
LinaJan
Favorite Author: Connor Mackay
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 275
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linajan.html
Latest Review: Shifting Sands by Barry Litherland
fav_author_id: 197769

Post by LinaJan »

I am seriously intrigued by the story! Thank you for such a detailed and inviting review! :)
Christabel Uzoamaka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-uzoamaka.html
Latest Review: Atlantis Revealed by Riaan Booysen

Post by Christabel Uzoamaka »

Family tussles, drama and secrets are almost always intriguing and interesting stories. This books seems just as interesting and is a piece I look forward to reading.
Your review was insightful, thank you!
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 515
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: A Reckoning of Wolves by Judy Higgins

Post by Mutai Marshal »

This must be a fascinating series of books. It's heartbreaking to realize that your family isn't want you thought it was. I can imagine the disappointment in the detective's face. Great review
Usma Khann
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-usma-khann.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Usma Khann »

While this book sounds intriguing, the fact that it is not a stand-alone piece reduces its audience potential. Appreciate the honest review though.🌸
Readers know it. Authors know it. Publishers know it. A promising review sells books! :roll:
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

This crime novel seems quite thrilling. Digging secrets from the past is a fascinating concept.
Artson Musonda

Post by Artson Musonda »

Very interesting, I will continue reading this book it's very logical! Thanks
Cassiopeapj

Post by Cassiopeapj »

Upon reading s d synopsis it intrigued me how d review is full of praisesfor dis buk..i cant wait to read it starting from d 1st buk..thank u
Star_and_Buck
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star-and-buck.html
Latest Review: Abby the Dog and Tigger the Cat by P.L. (Patricia) Rainey

Post by Star_and_Buck »

Before reading this one I will have to read the earlier parts.
I am intrested to read the book after reading the review.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”