Review by moowshiri -- Winners and Losers in words and c...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
moowshiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moowshiri.html
Latest Review: The Kings Death by Ed Cannon

Review by moowshiri -- Winners and Losers in words and c...

Post by moowshiri »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Winners and Losers in words and cartoons" by Arthur Hartz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In the world today, everyone seems to be in a hurry to outshine each other. Whoever succeeds in transcending the other becomes the winner, while the transcended one becomes the loser. We live in a society whereby winning is highly emphasized while losing is looked down upon much. However, in a competition, there can always be only one winner. So what happens to the losers who form a good majority of us? Winners and Losers in words and cartoons by Arthur Hartz explains some of the ideologies used in winning. It also illustrates the importance of mutual respect among both the defeated and the undefeated since none would exist without the other.

The author’s extensive use of cartoons in his work was very appealing to me. We all loved or still love watching cartoons on Television. They have a unique way of expressing specific thoughts that are hard to express in words. I also found the book very captivating since the cartoons made it a lot easier for me to identify with some of the ideas discussed.

The inclusivity of famous quotes from various notable figures of interest was something I admired. I was not only left enlightened but also inspired by quite a good number of them. The book is also very rich in knowledge and facts. For instance, I got to learn a lot about the psychology of the human mind.

I loved the fact that Arthur has widely employed the art of sarcasm throughout the book. It sensitized me on several issues, especially on those that involve the exploitation of people. It is also concise, having only seventy-three locations. Therefore, it is a perfect read for those who have a hate for lengthy books.

The book was well-edited, as I never found any errors in grammar. It was thus a very welcoming and smooth read for me since nobody enjoys reading a book that has errors strewn all over. It also doesn’t have any instances of profane language use. I also never stumbled upon any erotic scenes making it a safe read for the kids. There is also no form of religious bias, making it conducive for everyone. However, there is one point where Hartz has referred to Jacob and Esau’s blessing story from the Bible. Nevertheless, that didn’t promote or degrade any of the religious faiths.

I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. It is a very informative read that touches on some of the most sensitive issues that affect our day to day lives. If you have ever won or lost at any point in your life, then I recommend this book to you.

Winners and Losers in words and cartoons
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

I also rated this book 4 out of 4 stars. The illustrations were funny and the book was short (it has the perfect length for this type of book). Thank you for the review!
moowshiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moowshiri.html
Latest Review: The Kings Death by Ed Cannon

Post by moowshiri »

bookreviewmi1111 wrote: 19 Jun 2020, 08:40 I also rated this book 4 out of 4 stars. The illustrations were funny and the book was short (it has the perfect length for this type of book). Thank you for the review!
I can't agree more. Thanks for stopping by.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”