Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Book of the Month » Book of the month » "Shot Down" by Steve Snyder

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

The Family

Discuss the April Book of the Month Shot Down by Steve Snyder.

Re: The Family

Post Number:#16 by bookowlie
» 07 May 2016, 12:46

Metka wrote:Yes, both sides had to be strong. The ones who left and their relatives. The II. world war was terrible. So many people lost contact with their relatives and friends. So many were hiding... The chaos separated people, but those that survived found their way back to normal life. Off course, If they could. Some were left with huge scars of war. That can last a lifetime. And their families also. They did not even know if their loved ones were alive.. It's hard to imagine the horrible things they had to experience... My grandparents told me a lot about those times. Definitely, they all had to be as strong as possible.

I agree about the chaos and people who lost contact with their relatives and friends. They are so many stories about survivors who had no idea if their loved ones lived or died, and spent years trying to find out.
As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point in the wrong direction. - Irish blessing
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader

Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 225 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 52 Books
Goal Completion: 36%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Post Number:#17 by LarkSpur25
» 28 May 2016, 09:27

Both sides must be strong. I've gone through this and it's not easy for either side. The soldier has to risk their life as well as be away from loved ones. While the other side of the coin means the loved ones must endure the day to day struggle without their beloved soldier and don't always know where the soldier is or if he or she is safe.
LarkSpur25

Currently Reading: Keeper of the Heart
Bookshelf Size: 26 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Post Number:#18 by literarycat
» 06 Jun 2016, 10:29

It is hard to compare the two. It takes different kinds of strength to be able to do both. There is so much uncertainty when someone get deployed, it's like the lives of everyone involved is up in the air and can change drastically in a second. I couldn't imagine what it would feel like to live with that thought every day. Both sides are stronger than I could ever be.
The world breaks everyone, and afterwards, some are strong at the broken points ~ Ernest Hemingway.
literarycat's Latest Review: "RedDress Two Wives" by RA Winter
literarycat

Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Currently Reading: Survivors: Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 2315 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device:

Post Number:#19 by Chris123
» 14 Jun 2016, 23:24

Both sides have to be brave and the comparison between is just not possible. One is being brave for yourself while the other is being brave for a loved one. I guess if I HAD to compare the two the men going off to war are more brave because they have to face the danger head on, while the family gets to be brave from the comfort of their home. Again I find this very hard to compare....
Chris123

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle Paperwhite

Post Number:#20 by Sarah_Khan
» 21 Jun 2016, 12:05

I think they both require a lot of strength and bravery. And I also think it depends on what kind of war it is, for example during World War 2 the families of the people at war might be in danger also, but in wars of today like when people go and fight in the middle east then the person fighting at least has some peace of mind that they're family is safe.
Sarah_Khan

Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading: The Angel of Darkness
Bookshelf Size: 256 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 88 Books
Goal Completion: 18%

Previous