- Posts: 1449
- Joined: 02 Apr 2016, 09:52
- 2017 Reading Goal: 300
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 32
- Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
- Currently Reading: A Ton of Gold
- Bookshelf Size: 472
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
- Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
- Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
Gravy wrote:I believe Connie is also to blame, as well as his grandfather, and well meaning doctors who, instead of encouragement, offer him only ominous warnings, and pointed judgment.
It doesn't surprise me that he couldn't even accept the help offered. By the time it was finally available to him he'd been beaten down too far to believe in it.