People are missing out if they haven't read Before I Fall

Discuss the February 2016 book of the month, Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver.
verymuchmeg
Favorite Author: Kirsten Miller
Favorite Book: The Night Circus by Erin Morganstern
Currently Reading: The Brontes by Juliet Barker
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-verymuchmeg.html
fav_author_id: 22721

People are missing out if they haven't read Before I Fall

Post by verymuchmeg »

I know Lauren Oliver is getting lots of attention for her Delirium trilogy, but I wasn't so keen on it. Instead, I feel as though people are missing out if they haven't read Before I Fall. Somehow, Oliver manages to take the girl all of us hated in high school and make us empathize with her and root for her. That is a pretty big accomplishment in my book.
laura-holmwood
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-holmwood.html

Post by laura-holmwood »

I read this book a couple months ago and although at first I didn't like it, I was impressed how Oliver's creativity really developed in the story making it a page turner.
AryanaMender
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aryanamender.html

Post by AryanaMender »

It took a couple of tries, but I eventually found myself really liking this book. I actually want to own it now. I'm a big fan of Lauren Oliver anyway, but I agree in that this book is overshadowed by the Delirium series. There is something about the characters in Before I Fall that seems more real and easier to relate.
RianneLaCoe
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riannelacoe.html

Post by RianneLaCoe »

I fell in love with this books! The way she made us fall in love with the main characterwas amazing! People at our school like that were normally hated but the way she made us sympathize with her..wow!
amullins516
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amullins516.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by amullins516 »

I've tried several times to read this book, but I just can't seem to get into it. I'm going to have to just sit down and make myself get through the first hundred or so pages, because I've heard good things about it.
JocelynC
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jocelync.html

Post by JocelynC »

i absolutely loved this book, i read it before i read the delirium trilogy and i was hooked to this author because of this book. it really made me re-think my life percpective
AnnDJ
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anndj.html

Post by AnnDJ »

I read this book before the series and I loved this book so much that I went to go find more books by her. I love the way it is writen you know when it has started the day over it doesnt skip around like a few books I read were you go back in the past. And for that I love this story I highly recommend it.
Courtney Whittamore
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-courtney-whittamore.html
Latest Review: "The Farewell Season" by Ann Herrick

Post by Courtney Whittamore »

I really was transported into the world of this book. From the beginning I felt like I knew Sam, but then as the book went further and further along I realized that I felt like I was Sam. I couldn't put the darn thing down! The dynamics that Oliver created between Sam and her girlfriends were dynamics that us girls have all experienced and known in high school and even beyond. From being talked into skipping class to being forced to wear clothes we aren't comfortable in at the say so of our friends to a party we didn't even really want to go to in the beginning is something that I know I have experienced first hand. She transported me in my mind back to my own memories, just slightly altered. But more importantly she brought awareness to the idea that a series of decisions can lead to that one decision that changes everything, and most of the time we thing that the decision which ends up being a cornerstone in our life, was in most insignificant one of them all at the time.
Latest Review: "The Farewell Season" by Ann Herrick
FloweryTay

Post by FloweryTay »

I absolutely loved Before I Fall and agree that it was one of Lauren Oliver's best pieces. It takes you into the mind set of one of the "popular, attractive" girls and makes you empathetic to what this girl has to go through! Loved it!
Kmikel0509
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kmikel0509.html

Post by Kmikel0509 »

I adored Before I Fall! I thought that the ending in particular was gutsy and great. I absolutely loved loved loved the characters by the end of the book. However, I think this book wouldn't have gotten finished if I hadn't been getting encouragement from my friends on social media to wait until the end to judge Sam.
Tereseweng

Post by Tereseweng »

I didn't see it that way, wow
hvotruba1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hvotruba1.html

Post by hvotruba1 »

I really enjoyed Before I Fall. I couldn't put it down. It makes you realize how every action has a reaction and that changing
a tiny detail can make a huge difference.
tamara_mc41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamara-mc41.html

Post by tamara_mc41 »

This book was sitting on my book shelf for about 2 years, before I finally caved in and read it.
my sister gave it to me, when she decided to completely get rid of every thing she owned.
and I have to admit I was very skeptical when I picked it up. I read it in 2 days. I didn't want to admit I liked it, but it was a okay book.
I liked how they showed some one slowly changing.
and seeing themselves through a new light.
I also enjoyed the little sister, I thought she was adorable.
it was a book that definitely makes you think.
atoillion

Post by atoillion »

Lauren Oliver is a creative writer. She lacks depth and attention to deal but that doesn't stop me from enjoying her work. Before I Fall is an easy read and is a great book.
frandi_rancis
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frandi-rancis.html

Post by frandi_rancis »

I absolutely loved this book. The concept was great as well as her execution.

Return to “"Before I Fall" by Lauren Oliver”