Do you think Suzanne Dillon is relatable?

Discuss the January 2016 book of the month For the Love of Suzanne by Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill.
Paliden
Currently Reading: White Cargo
Bookshelf Size: 1028
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paliden.html
Latest Review: "Justified Anger" by Jennifer Colne

Re: Do you think Suzanne Dillon is relatable?

Post by Paliden »

hsimone wrote:Like most here, I believe Suzanne's character is relatable. Like others have said kindness, overcoming challenges , keeping under the radar, and low self-esteem all make her relatable.

One of the things that also makes Suzanne relatable is even though she was more or less depressed because after returning to her time period she lost Cody for a while, she was still being a good mother to younger Cody. She still took care of him, played with him, and just loved him. I believe this is true for many good mothers - you are there for kids no matter what life throws at you.

I agree completely! Even when women are abused, they still try to be the best mothers they can be. At least from what I have seen. Suzanne was very relatable. The author did a great job on that!
Latest Review: "Justified Anger" by Jennifer Colne
Momlovesbooks
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Book for Oreo
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-momlovesbooks.html
Latest Review: Winter's Kiss by H.L. Hines

Post by Momlovesbooks »

I think she's relatable. Many people suffer from low self-esteem because of cruel actions from others. She pushed past her feelings and reached for her dreams. I must admit, there were a couple of times she seemed too weepy and pitiful, but I can't judge since I've never been in those situations.
zoelaurynn
Currently Reading: My Life on the Road
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zoelaurynn.html

Post by zoelaurynn »

I also think that Suzanne Dillon is a relatable character. Not necessarily to me or anyone in particular, but she is easy to understand which makes her a more likable character. She's fun to read about!
Lovely_Loreley
Favorite Author: Donita K. Paul
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 776">Light of the Oracle</a>
Currently Reading: The Blue Fairy Book
Bookshelf Size: 370
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lovely-loreley.html
Latest Review: "Vanished in Berlin" by Gry Finsnes
Reading Device: B00UB76290
fav_author_id: 13786

Post by Lovely_Loreley »

zoelaurynn wrote:I also think that Suzanne Dillon is a relatable character. Not necessarily to me or anyone in particular, but she is easy to understand which makes her a more likable character. She's fun to read about!
I agree! For me it wasn't so much that I felt I necessarily had anything in common with Suzanne. It was more the feeling that I'd probably act like her if I were put in similar situations. She was a very realistic character for me and reminded me a lot of different friends I've had who have gone through tough situations at one point or another.
Latest Review: "Vanished in Berlin" by Gry Finsnes
V_bansal2912
Favorite Author: Ayn Rand
Favorite Book: Atlas Shrugged
Currently Reading: The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-v-bansal2912.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 2597

Post by V_bansal2912 »

I think she was relatable. Anybody would react similarly to the situation she was under.

Return to “"For the Love of Suzanne" by Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill”