Discussion of "A Stolen Life"

Members of the forum choose and read a new book every month together, and then discuss it. You can nominate a book to be book of the month using the book's page on Bookshelves. Simply click the link that says 'Nominate for book of the month' on the left side of the book's Bookshelves page near the social sharing buttons. Don't be scared to nominate, as you can change your nomination to a different book if you think of something better.

How do you rate A Stolen Life?

1 star - poor, recommend against reading it
7%
2 stars - okay, fair
13%
3 stars - good, recommend it
60%
4 stars - excellent, amazing
20%

Total votes: 15

aaa123
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaa123.html

Re: Discussion of "A Stolen Life"

Post by aaa123 »

One of the main engaging and relative aspects of the book is the fact that is about hatred and various other interesting aspects. I would recommend this book to anyone up for a mind boggling challenge.
amybo82
Favorite Author: David Sedaris
Favorite Book: cannot pick just one
Currently Reading: Calypso
Bookshelf Size: 1517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amybo82.html
Latest Review: The Adventures of The Gorilla Billies by Mark J Stopford
Reading Device: B00TA9FD2M
Publishing Contest Votes: 17
fav_author_id: 2790

Post by amybo82 »

I know I'm late to the discussion, but, wow! I loved this book. It's one of those that really touched me. I was so terrified while reading it, and I couldn't help but thinking that could have been me or my sister or my friend. Jaycee's strength through the whole thing was simply inspiring, and to think that she came out of the whole experience and was able to share her story displayed amazing strength.
A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. –Neil Gaiman
Corina4713
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Corina4713 »

That was an amazing store I could imagine if that were me or someone I loved and for her to share her store is a beauty to allot of people peer strength
Abdulwahab Maryam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abdulwahab-maryam.html
Latest Review: The Inner CEO by Jeremy Blain

Post by Abdulwahab Maryam »

have not read this book and from your description it seems a very frightening and depressive one. Amazing how in fiction this subject seems to be good stuff to write a thriller but how in real life this book does not appeal to me!

Return to “Book of the month”