Doctor Zhivago - Entire Book

Members of the forum choose and read a new book every month together, and then discuss it. You can nominate a book to be book of the month using the book's page on Bookshelves. Simply click the link that says 'Nominate for book of the month' on the left side of the book's Bookshelves page near the social sharing buttons. Don't be scared to nominate, as you can change your nomination to a different book if you think of something better.
naragus
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Doctor Zhivago - Entire Book

Post by naragus »

fran:
I agree that zhivago´s flaws and failings makes him one of us. On the other hand, he overcomes his family dissapearence, becomes a doctor and a poet, you can see his poems in the book. The book was written on the fifhties in Russia and smugled to west after bein censored in Russia. Pasternak himself was also a poet and I suppose the book has something autobiographical. I agree he was not beautiful himself but he was the symbol of individuality, may be that makes him beautiful for me. Thank you for your reply.
allay

Post by allay »

I am already read this book but its a very interesting.
jayceeme2010

Post by jayceeme2010 »

Although I think this book had a lot of potential, I think it fell short and proved to be a difficult read and not quite on target.
Sveta
Currently Reading: Out of the Box Everlasting
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sveta.html
Latest Review: "Dirtball" by Eric Olsen

Post by Sveta »

I tried to read it, but I couldn't stand the way the author talked about Jews in the book, and I couldn't stand the author's decisions, thus I decided to quit reading it.
Latest Review: "Dirtball" by Eric Olsen
aaa123
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaa123.html

Post by aaa123 »

The best thing about this book is it is set in a period of Russian History. This gives a different perspective to the reader. I would recommend this book to anyone interested or studying history.
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

Just finished reading this book and I think it did changed my view on that period in time. I think it made me realize that not everything is black and white and that there are always people that are not on any side when civil war breaks out. I think this book was beautifully written therefore it was very easy to keep reading until the end. Definitely will reread in the future. :)
Abdulwahab Maryam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abdulwahab-maryam.html
Latest Review: The Inner CEO by Jeremy Blain

Post by Abdulwahab Maryam »

still have to read this!! I've been so busy but I will be back to post my opinion!! Sounds like it will be good..thank you for grate review.

Return to “Book of the month”