Discuss The Kite Runner

Members of the forum choose and read a new book every month together, and then discuss it. You can nominate a book to be book of the month using the book's page on Bookshelves. Simply click the link that says 'Nominate for book of the month' on the left side of the book's Bookshelves page near the social sharing buttons. Don't be scared to nominate, as you can change your nomination to a different book if you think of something better.
smellymonkey
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by smellymonkey »

Loved the characters, loved the story. Defiantly one of the best books I have read in a while.
Perrywinkle47

Post by Perrywinkle47 »

have not had a chance to read the book, but the movie was absolutely amazing
Esperanza1988

Post by Esperanza1988 »

I have not read this book? I thought you recommend this book? But I am a little curious
Scotta.clark

Post by Scotta.clark »

I read this book, the writer has plotted the story very well, its fun to read but great moral has been define as well.
Denysaputra

Post by Denysaputra »

It's absolutely cool book (for me)! Very enjoyed, but
Anndoir

Post by Anndoir »

Older Hassan (voice): I dream that my son will grow up to be a good person, a free person. I dream that someday you will return to revisit the land of our childhood. I dream that flowers will bloom in the streets again... and kites will fly in the skies!
Techforums123

Post by Techforums123 »

The Kite Runner is an epic story, spanning as it does the cruelty of Afghanistan's recent history - the Soviet invasion, Mujahideen, and the Taliban. But it is the story of internal strife that makes Khaled Hosseini's novel as beautiful and as terribly haunting as it is. As Amir's wife tells him, "sad stories make good books."
Scottaleger
Favorite Author: Rhonda Byrne
Favorite Book: The Secret
Currently Reading: The Power
fav_author_id: 4898

Post by Scottaleger »

I like The all character of this book but mostly i like Baba's servant ALI, Soraya Taheri young woman.

Some thing About " The Kite Runner " .

The Kite Runner is a novel by Khaled Hosseini. Published in 2003 by Riverhead Books, it is Hosseini's first novel, and was adapted into a film of the same name in 2007.

The Kite Runner tells the story of Amir, a young boy from the Wazir Akbar Khan district of Kabul, who befriends Hassan, the son of his father's Hazara servant. The story is set against a backdrop of tumultuous events, from the fall of Afghanistan's monarchy through the Soviet invasion, the mass exodus of refugees to Pakistan and the United States, and the rise of the Taliban regime.
Cowboy14

Post by Cowboy14 »

i read it ...... awesome ones ..........
Adamww

Post by Adamww »

Cowboy14 wrote:i read it ...... awesome ones ..........
What is the point in leaving comments such as that, if you've read the book, which I very much doubt, considering the illiterate nature of your post, then you would have something worth while to contribute to this forum.

Honestly!

:roll:
Honeybarbara

Post by Honeybarbara »

Yes, I get sick of these ridiculous comments too; isn't this what a moderator is for?
About the book though..I loved it and found it very moving.It's true we only are as good as we can when it's easy. When it's dangerous it's alot harder. Strangely, as much as I loved this book, when I read his other one "a thousand splendid suns" I didn't like it much at all. I don't know if because it's about women and harder for him to relate, or not. Good, but no where near as good as The Kite Runner. "For you, a thousand times.."
Markbyrne2

Post by Markbyrne2 »

It was a great experience reading this book.
Timpane

Post by Timpane »

Well i study about authority by jimclemmer. He is too good and have a large information about authority and management. I read their publication "The Leader's Digest:Practical Application Planner". Its a truly unbelievable book.
Rickig

Post by Rickig »

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini is one of the best books I have read in years. This is a page turner with complex characters and situations that will make you think hard about friendship, good and evil, betrayal, and redemption. It is intense and contains some graphic scenes; however, it is not gratuitous. A great book by many measures.
Redsoxgirl11

Post by Redsoxgirl11 »

I loved kite runner. It was recommended to me by a friend studying the middle east. Recently, I read The Devil's Light by Richard North Patterson. Although more intense, this book are also very insightful for someone looking to understand more about the Middle East. As the tenth anniversary of 9/11 approaches, I recommend reading this book which takes you through the mind of a terrorist plotting an attack on 9/11/11 and the CIA agent trying to prevent the attack.

Very intriguing.

Return to “Book of the month”