Discuss The Kite Runner

Members of the forum choose and read a new book every month together, and then discuss it. You can nominate a book to be book of the month using the book's page on Bookshelves. Simply click the link that says 'Nominate for book of the month' on the left side of the book's Bookshelves page near the social sharing buttons. Don't be scared to nominate, as you can change your nomination to a different book if you think of something better.
Timpane
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Discuss The Kite Runner

Post by Timpane »

I discovered the way the scribe recounted components of afghan heritage actually intriguing which just supplemented to the story. Also discovered the descriptions of the afghan immigrants and how they had to resolve in American afresh very interesting.
matthewarnold

Post by matthewarnold »

i read only one chapter of this book found there is so pain in the story as it not seems outer .i am eager to read other chapter and deferentially its fantastic story .
anisha_astrologer

Post by anisha_astrologer »

this was one of the best books i have read in a long time. a beautiful description of childhood friendship, loyalty, insecurities. the way the novel moves swiftly from one childhood (that of narrator) to another(that of Sohrab). the description of war-torn Afghanistan was an eye opener. i can go on and on about the book. yes i always recommend this book to almost everyone who i meet.
utopiadream

Post by utopiadream »

If you want to understand the simplicity and the beauty of life in the East, then Khalid Hosseini is the author that I'd recommend.
jayceeme2010

Post by jayceeme2010 »

I read the book several months ago, and it was definitely awesome!
tuttifrutti56

Post by tuttifrutti56 »

khalid housseni's "the kite runner" is an excellent book.
heatherprzybyla
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heatherprzybyla.html

Post by heatherprzybyla »

I read this books when i was a freshman in college and loved it. While it took me a little bit to get used to his style and topic I truly enjoyed it and am always exctied about reading other books of his. I would be very interested to revisit the book because so much time has gone by since I read it last.

-- 01 Sep 2013, 14:26 --

I read this books when i was a freshman in college and loved it. While it took me a little bit to get used to his style and topic I truly enjoyed it and am always exctied about reading other books of his. I would be very interested to revisit the book because so much time has gone by since I read it last.
MickeyDs5000

Post by MickeyDs5000 »

I read the Kite Runner a few years ago and I can still say it is still one of my favorite books. The author does a good job of placing you right next to him during all that he sees and does. One of the few books that made me cry!
lucyrebecca123

Post by lucyrebecca123 »

Found this book difficult to get into but definitely worth it. Love this book. Also love a thousand splendid suns - great characters, moving storylines, pleasure to read.
bucr

Post by bucr »

I have just finished The Kite Runner. I think it has different

layers and themes that can be discussed. I want to know your opinions on

some questions that I wonder. What motivates Amir exactly? Do you think

love or obligation motivates him? Second question is that do you think

that the book suggests if our country is under threat, we have an

obligation to stay and help effect change or we have an obligation to

yourself and your family’s safety.
14I []A
Currently Reading: Shantharam by Gregory David Roberts

Post by 14I []A »

one of my fav book, it really touches your heart when hassan was struggling to get a love of friendship from amir agha......everyone deserves these types of friends. But the thing we wont identify them even if they are near to us.
This book is a journey of amir's life with twists then and there..It shows the life of kabul. I loved the part of hassan as well as the amir's description of his father like a Hero and especially the time when his father save a woman from the Russian soldiers.
Being a writer and giving a book that could make you cry or laugh is not an easy task, I think Khaled Hosseini did that.Hats off sir
srittyx3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srittyx3.html

Post by srittyx3 »

My favorite book ever.
Favorite quote: "For you, a thousand times over."
Favorite character: Hassan
Favorite scene: When Amir overcomes his cowardice character and helps Sohrab in the end.
npandit
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-npandit.html
Latest Review: "Travel Instincts" by James C. Jensen

Post by npandit »

This is a really wonderful perspective of the troubles of political violence in a turbulent time during Afghanistan's history, told from the view of a young boy. It's very emotional and upsetting, but also uplifting, and provides an interesting back story of Afghan culture. I thought it was really good, and I also recommend A Thousand Splendid Suns, which was set in the same backdrop, but told from the perspective of women. The author really knows how to create memorable characters and writes about them facing these atrocities in such an honest way--it's horrifying to read knowing that many of the scenarios faced by the characters are based on real events.
Latest Review: "Travel Instincts" by James C. Jensen
monideane21
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monideane21.html
Latest Review: "Return to Knightshayes" by Angela Gait

Post by monideane21 »

I love this book. It's beautifully written and every page left me wanting more
Latest Review: "Return to Knightshayes" by Angela Gait
randomcheerio
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-randomcheerio.html

Post by randomcheerio »

I wish I had read the book prior to watching the movie. There was a scene that unnerved me that I could not forgive the main character. I know it sounds silly but that's what kept me from reading the book. :(

Return to “Book of the month”