Discuss The Kite Runner

Members of the forum choose and read a new book every month together, and then discuss it. You can nominate a book to be book of the month using the book's page on Bookshelves. Simply click the link that says 'Nominate for book of the month' on the left side of the book's Bookshelves page near the social sharing buttons. Don't be scared to nominate, as you can change your nomination to a different book if you think of something better.
godreaujea
2019 Reading Goal: 30
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 3
2017 Reading Goal: 50
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 62
Currently Reading: Station Eleven
Bookshelf Size: 346
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-godreaujea.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Re: Discuss The Kite Runner

Post by godreaujea » 06 May 2017, 16:22

I can't believe I still haven't read this book yet! I really need to get my hands on it!!!

Tumi02
Currently Reading: His Special Little Girl - Incest in a Christian Home
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Tumi02 » 08 May 2018, 19:30

I've read this book in the year 2013, so that's 5 years ago and it's still one of my favourite books to date! I love the style in which the book was written, the focus on Afghanistan's political history and the diversity of cultural & social standard. I had to comment on this book as my first post.

Tbunde5
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 76
Favorite Book: A Column of Fire
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tbunde5.html
Latest Review: Kamel by Charles J Haubner III

Post by Tbunde5 » 14 May 2018, 20:01

This book is wonderfully heartbreaking. I cannot imagine living in a place that can treat women and children in such a horrendous way. This is one of the few books that have made me cry almost from start to finish. If you have not read it, do.

sheeps44
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheeps44.html
Latest Review: Our pastor has gone mad again by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by sheeps44 » 22 Jul 2018, 13:13

I read this book a long time ago, I remember that their is a graphic novel version of this, pretty interesting.

Books_4_KThaler
Favorite Book: Kite Runner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Books_4_KThaler » 25 Jul 2018, 19:28

I have read this book multiple times, one being a classroom requirement in a high school literacy class, but each time I pick up the book, I dive deeper into the meaning and the characters themselves. The empathy in the main character has for his "nephew" when he goes to pick him up from the orphanage and the problems that ensue throughout the end of the book is remarkable. It was a plot twist for me when it turned to truth being told about the servants boy actually being the main character's half brother.

:shock2: :shock2:

Return to “Book of the month”