The Time Traveler's Wife ~ pages 500 - Fin.

Members of the forum choose and read a new book every month together, and then discuss it. You can nominate a book to be book of the month using the book's page on Bookshelves. Simply click the link that says 'Nominate for book of the month' on the left side of the book's Bookshelves page near the social sharing buttons. Don't be scared to nominate, as you can change your nomination to a different book if you think of something better.
Dando
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dando.html
Latest Review: "The Broken Gift" by Daniel friedmann

Re: The Time Traveler's Wife ~ pages 500 - Fin.

Post by Dando »

Where is my closure! She left me hanging with the ending! I want to know what happens when Henry visits old lady Clare.
Latest Review: "The Broken Gift" by Daniel friedmann
winecellarlibrary
Favorite Author: Juliet Marillier
Currently Reading: Yesterday
Bookshelf Size: 462
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-winecellarlibrary.html
Latest Review: The Lines Between Us by Rebecca D'Harlingue
Reading Device: B07VMB5L3C
fav_author_id: 17456

Post by winecellarlibrary »

I really love the story line, but I felt there was an excess of filler in this story. There are so many discussions and descriptions that really have no basis in the overall plot. I cried a few times during this book: first, when he met his 10 year old daughter for the first time and Clare didn't make it to him in time, and then again when he died. I think the letter that he wrote to Clare to be read after his death was incredibly beautiful. I did not care much for the ending, where he finds her as an old woman. I was hoping there would be a replay of the scene where Clare is running to see him at Alba's field trip before the Clare-as-an-old-woman scene happened. For all the emotions this book evokes, I felt nothing when old Clare saw him again in her eighties. Overall, I rated this book 4/5.
There is no frigate like a book
To take us lands away,
Nor any coursers like a page
Of prancing poetry.
This traverse may the poorest take
Without oppress of toll;
How frugal is the chariot
That bears a human soul!
-Emily Dickinson
Abdulwahab Maryam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abdulwahab-maryam.html
Latest Review: The Inner CEO by Jeremy Blain

Post by Abdulwahab Maryam »

Most of fiction is either plot-driven or character-driven, whereas this book failed to successfully meet the standards of either category.

Return to “Book of the month”