The Time Traveler's Wife ~ pages 410 - 500

Members of the forum choose and read a new book every month together, and then discuss it. You can nominate a book to be book of the month using the book's page on Bookshelves. Simply click the link that says 'Nominate for book of the month' on the left side of the book's Bookshelves page near the social sharing buttons. Don't be scared to nominate, as you can change your nomination to a different book if you think of something better.
knightss
Bookshelf Size: 0

The Time Traveler's Wife ~ pages 410 - 500

Post by knightss »

Hey! We are now nearing the end of the novel =) Some very interesting developments in this part of the book.

First off, did anybody see the Gomez/Clare thing coming? I suspected all along that Gomez was in love with Clare but it never occurred to me that they had slept together. I was shocked when i read about it. How did you feel about it? Should Clare have waited for Henry?

Henry gives the Doctor a sample of Albas DNA behind Clare's back. Do you think he was right not to consult her?

Henry losses his legs after being stuck in a parking garage on a severely cold day. He can no longer run therefore he can not survive very much longer. Even though Henry is a strong person i think this is too much for him to handle. What do you predict will happen when he time travels and is unable to move?

Ingrid's suicide was by far the saddest part of the story thus far. Henry now has emotional pain to deal with along with the psychical pain of losing his feet. Although Henry could do nothing to stop it from happening and it was always apparent that Ingrid suffered from severe depression, do you think Henry is to blame for the suicide?

Any predictions on how the book will end?
"Words can be like x-rays, if you use them properly - they'll go through anything. You read and you're pierced." - Huxely
Dando
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dando.html
Latest Review: "The Broken Gift" by Daniel friedmann

Post by Dando »

When it rains it storms! Henry has so much going on emotionally at this point in the book!

It was obvious that Gomez was in love with Clare, but I was surprised by the sexual past too. Should Clare have waited? That seems like a ridiculous question. Clare should have taken control of her own sexuality and made her own decision.

Ingrid’s suicide may have been the most surprising part of the entire book for me. I was very heavy and I was surprised that it wasn’t discussed more afterwards.
Latest Review: "The Broken Gift" by Daniel friedmann
edna0242
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by edna0242 »

The twists in the book keep you reading to the end! I wanted Henry to be able to control his traveling. Alba gives the story hope at the end.
winecellarlibrary
Favorite Author: Juliet Marillier
Currently Reading: Yesterday
Bookshelf Size: 462
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-winecellarlibrary.html
Latest Review: The Lines Between Us by Rebecca D'Harlingue
Reading Device: B07VMB5L3C
fav_author_id: 17456

Post by winecellarlibrary »

I was pretty surprised that she had slept with Gomez, but she was young and she knew Henry had been with many women over the years. He didn't seem phased by the knowledge at all.

I don't think it was necessarily wrong to have taken Alba to have her blood drawn, but it was VERY wrong to ask Alba to lie to her mother.

When he lost his feet, it was very shocking. He has known for years that he would die when Alba was five years old, but now he will have to live in constant fear of time traveling, knowing that he is essentially helpless.

I really didn't think Ingrid's suicide was sad. He was not responsible for her demise. She was resolved to a failed life or no life at all (evidenced by her argument with him about where her life would take her in the future). She had threatened and attempted suicide many times previously, and at a certain point, it is no longer her friends' responsibility to seek help for her. It's a shame she did not seek help for herself.
There is no frigate like a book
To take us lands away,
Nor any coursers like a page
Of prancing poetry.
This traverse may the poorest take
Without oppress of toll;
How frugal is the chariot
That bears a human soul!
-Emily Dickinson
Abdulwahab Maryam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abdulwahab-maryam.html
Latest Review: The Inner CEO by Jeremy Blain

Post by Abdulwahab Maryam »

The twists in the book keep you reading to the end! I would love to read it to the end!!

Return to “Book of the month”