Discussion of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Members of the forum choose and read a new book every month together, and then discuss it. You can nominate a book to be book of the month using the book's page on Bookshelves. Simply click the link that says 'Nominate for book of the month' on the left side of the book's Bookshelves page near the social sharing buttons. Don't be scared to nominate, as you can change your nomination to a different book if you think of something better.
MaxDaniel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Discussion of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Post by MaxDaniel »

Three word for this book is great great great..
Trcapro

Post by Trcapro »

Honestly, I think the other two books that make up the series are a little bit better. it's kind of like how Dan Brown got all the notoriety for the DaVinci Code while it was probably his second best book at best.
I am a poet and writer for hire from Pittsburgh, PA. "Shadows and Shade" by Jason Greiner "Wishing Wells" by Jason Greiner
SaKazee

Post by SaKazee »

I loved this book! I agree that it was slow moving but I feel like the plot and story itself more than made up for that. It is very unfortunate that Stieg Larsson passed away before writing the fourth book however I look forward to reading the novel his girlfriend is going to write in it's place. The Girl With a Dragon Tattoo trilogy is definitely one of my top 3 fovorite sequals of books
Trcapro

Post by Trcapro »

I didn't realize his girlfriend was going fill in the void if you will. That should be interesting.
I am a poet and writer for hire from Pittsburgh, PA. "Shadows and Shade" by Jason Greiner "Wishing Wells" by Jason Greiner
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

SaKazee wrote:I loved this book! I agree that it was slow moving but I feel like the plot and story itself more than made up for that. It is very unfortunate that Stieg Larsson passed away before writing the fourth book however I look forward to reading the novel his girlfriend is going to write in it's place. The Girl With a Dragon Tattoo trilogy is definitely one of my top 3 fovorite sequals of books
Wasn't there a rhumor that she actually wrote most of the last book ... I seem to remember reading that somewhere
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
Trcapro

Post by Trcapro »

never heard that rumor but now my curiosity is peaked. I'm going to have to look into that one.
Sicina

Post by Sicina »

Its a great book... I also read the girl who played with fire... Its a great sequence... Very thrilly... Lisbeth is even greater in the second. Can't wait to start the third..
jordan96

Post by jordan96 »

I loved this book. It was so much better than the movie.
ShoppingMonk

Post by ShoppingMonk »

wow its an fantastic book and loved it waiting for extension
srivolco
Favorite Author: Jeffrey Archer
Favorite Book: Kane and Abel
Currently Reading: A Tale of the Malazan Book of the fallen
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srivolco.html
Latest Review: "The Chosen of Ky'kias" by K.S. Lewis
fav_author_id: 4949

Post by srivolco »

I will be honest and say that i haven't read the book but have seen the movie and somehow it was too dark and cynical for me. Though the female character was very refreshing , the flare and the conflicting sides of her character would definitely be challenging to covey in writing.
Latest Review: "The Chosen of Ky'kias" by K.S. Lewis
wctumesh

Post by wctumesh »

"I've never done a project based on something as well-known as this." That might sound surprising coming from a screenwriter like Steven Zaillian, whose credits this year alone include an adaptation of the bestseller Moneyball, and also wrote the screenplays for American Gangster and Schindler's List. But The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is no ordinary book adaptation, based on the Stieg Larsson novel that has sold 65 million copies worldwide, and has already been adapted into a Swedish trilogy of films. And it's not just the popularity that made Dragon Tattoo a very different beast for Zaillain. As he put it:
heatherprzybyla
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heatherprzybyla.html

Post by heatherprzybyla »

It took me a while to get into this book. I always seemed like I was a bit in the dark and unsure of what exactly was going on. Once I put it down, I haven't picked it up since. I think this will be the perfect time to pick it up again!
Roland Liwato

Post by Roland Liwato »

I read the trilogy by Stieg Larsson...and was positively surprised by the plot and the characters! Great book! The author weaves a compelling double layer story which kept me reading through the night.
trappa

Post by trappa »

I loved it. I watched the film a little later and liked that too. Often the book is better than the film but i wasnt sure in this case as the both were good.
Saoirse200
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saoirse200.html
Latest Review: "Trespass" by Christopher M. Gibbons

Post by Saoirse200 »

I loved this trilogy of books, I agree the it started off slow but it helped me to get a sense of Lisbeth and Mikael better.
Latest Review: "Trespass" by Christopher M. Gibbons

Return to “Book of the month”